Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mozy

JM Spring bobber rod

9 posts in this topic

Anyone use one for panfishing? I just bought one and the spring seems like it may be a little stiff for lightweight panfish jigs? I was going to get a the St. Croix Legend Ice but the JM cost half as much.

I love mine. Used it for the first time sunday. I too thought it was a bit stiff, but it performed and relayed the light bites from potato chip crappies. I talked to Jason at the ice show. From the man himself: He showed me one that had one of the two wires of the spring actually cut off, leaving just a single wire for increased sensitivity. If you don't find the double wire, you could try that.

I have one and love it. I talked to Jason at the show as well......super nice guy.

The spring bobber can be lightened by clipping off one side of the wire so that you just have a single strand going to the loop and bead instead of two. This will really soften the spring bobber for smaller jigs, shallow water or more of a finesse presentation. Nice to meet so many of you at the show, I really enjoyed meeting you and visiting with you. Also, thank you for fishing with our products.

Jason Mitchell

Use Clam Rod Slicks and put inside the softcases with the hard tube insert. Can store 3 rods no worries. With out these, the lines would tangle, and the rod eyes would catch on one another.

Luck - I asked Jason this too, and he told me just to tighten it up and have it coil around. I keep mine in a soft side JR/Thorne bag. Hasn't broken yet (knock on wood). The spring has bounced back so far in the short time I've done this.

I've never had a problem with my JM rods. Spring bobbers are in the same shape as I bought them last year.