• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

JM Spring bobber rod

mozy

Anyone use one for panfishing? I just bought one and the spring seems like it may be a little stiff for lightweight panfish jigs? I was going to get a the St. Croix Legend Ice but the JM cost half as much.

I love mine. Used it for the first time sunday. I too thought it was a bit stiff, but it performed and relayed the light bites from potato chip crappies. I talked to Jason at the ice show. From the man himself: He showed me one that had one of the two wires of the spring actually cut off, leaving just a single wire for increased sensitivity. If you don't find the double wire, you could try that.

The spring bobber can be lightened by clipping off one side of the wire so that you just have a single strand going to the loop and bead instead of two. This will really soften the spring bobber for smaller jigs, shallow water or more of a finesse presentation. Nice to meet so many of you at the show, I really enjoyed meeting you and visiting with you. Also, thank you for fishing with our products.

Jason Mitchell

Luck - I asked Jason this too, and he told me just to tighten it up and have it coil around. I keep mine in a soft side JR/Thorne bag. Hasn't broken yet (knock on wood). The spring has bounced back so far in the short time I've done this.