• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

what would you do??

jvjohnson

so i took my new wheeler out for its first real ride to night and no more than 20 min the check engine light starts flashing and puts it into limp mode. so i get it home and check all fulids and every thing is good. start it back up and no light. called my dealer and they said it could have just been a glitch and not to worry about it.

should i press them more to look into it, or just let it go?

their is only 8 miles on the wheeler.

thanks

I would take it back to have them check everything that could be tied to the limp mode. It should be under warranty. It could be just a glitch. But I would hope that it's not something the dealer did during their service of the machine prior to you picking it up.

Another thing to keep in mind is that by taking the machine in, you'll have documentation proving there was an incident during the warranty period. You wouldn't want to get hosed by neglecting to take it to the dealer.

im gona go drive it tomarrow and see what happens i got the 3 year warrnty on it so im not to worried about that just yet but kind of [PoorWordUsage] me off.

and one more thing kind of off subject

i know the can ams have alot of power but i was keeping right with a sportsman 700 speed wise pritty easly while still trying to take it easy for the break in. is this normal or is their maybe something with the sportsman?

You will be able to run with the majority of the big-bores out there.

Once your Outlander is broke in and has 40-50 hours on it, it will really start to wake up and the only thing that most 700's will see is your taillight, especially Rincons wink. I've had a Can Am in the past and I can attest that the more you use them, the bigger your smile will get.

that is what i thught the dealer said the same thing. but my brother (mr hard core polaris) was giving me alot of [PoorWordUsage] untell to night. but than my check enging light came on and it started all back up again.

It might even be something as simple as a clutch adjustment. I think it was the Cats that ran the Kawi V-Twin needed to have the clutch shimmed properly. I'm leaning towards this being the culprit since it started back up if you're running with a Big Bore this soon into your break-in.

I'd still take it to the dealer.

I did a little more checking on the limp mode issue.

The majority of the info that I found does apparently relate to the radiator. Some guys claim to have resolved the problem by using a product called "engine ice" that goes for around $25 per half gallon.

Others have had their radiators replaced under warranty where others have had to fork out some major change for a new one. Up to $750 installed.

Another thing that I found is that the over flow resevoir on the '07 is white. The new ones are yellow supposedly. There was venting issues and would over pressure the fins in the radiator. According to the info that I found, if you cannot see a good amount of light through your radiator, you may be entitled to a new one under warranty.

I know this isn't something you wanted to hear. I feel bad for encouraging you to buy the machine based on my positive experience with my Can Am.

The dealership should make this right for you. This has obviously been an issue. Any dealer that tells you anything other than what a web search reveals does not deserve your business.

As LEP7MM said, I would definitely get it in right away just so you have some documentation of it. If it turns out to be a lemon, this will only help your cause. I know you have the 3 year warranty, but having your wheeler sit in the shop for weeks or months at a time is not fun and shouldn't be tolerated on a new $6-7,000 machine.

LEP7MM

thank you for all the info and help on this.

and now that u found something about the radiator that might be the isue because that was one of the first things i looked at. and the spacing in the fins didnt look right to me. i just found out im not gona have time tomarrow or sat to deal with it. but sunday im at least gona go in and see what code it threw and talk to them about this.

thank you again!!!!

and dont feel bad i have allways wanted a can am.

Just my opinion, even though I do agree with bringing it in......I would run it and not worry about it. Electrical glitches will happen, especially since it has been sitting for a long while. If I had a 3 year warranty and a trusty dealer, I would not even think about it. If it happened again, then I would bring it in for sure.

Any specifics on when this happened? Alot of snow and slush? Driving fast or slow?

Maybe put a few more miles on it and see what happens. Many things can happen within the first 100 miles. The dealer could check everything out then, if you have to bring it back in.

As for keeping up with the 700 Popo, haha. Ya, they were never a speed demon. Don't let a Kawi catch you though. You may be seeing their taillights.

ya im gona run it first and see what happens but i still want to know what the code is and also gonna take a closer look at the raidatior and and rest of the cooling system.

this is what happened i was playing around in a little stream and decided to try and climb the bank out of it witch didnt work to well becase of stock tires so after 10 min of trying i thought hey what a perfict time to try the winch. so after i get out and start headind back to the house just cruzing around 30 than stop to talk to my brother the light comes on. drive it home and check all fulids and re start it no light. went and drove it for a little bit and no light.

well i took it into the dealer after work and it has noting good about it.

First the recall kit has been done to it for the venting issue. but the machine did still over heat. Second the fan is not turning on at all now even when they try to manualy turn it on with the computer program. Third it looks like the rad has started to expand a little bit and damage the top half of rad. And forth they dont know what is wrong with it and have to wait tell monday to call can am tech support.

Ok hears my issue do i really want this machine, after 8 miles major issues. Over heated wile motor was still in break in and damaged rad and possible other parts. Plus major electrical issues with the fan and computer.

do i stand a chance at telling them i want a diffrent machine?????

their is 1.7 hours and 8.5 miles on it

Man, that's enough to make a guy sick to his stomach. If it truly overheated that's not good, especially during break in when those piston/rings are nice and snug. Doubt they are just going to give your money back or another machine at this point.

Wow!! I feel for you....not good.

Tell them you don't even want it anymore after this kind of trouble, and see what they do. Calling Tech support.....what they heck? These machine's are nothing new and the dealers should not have to call the Tech's at CanAm.

Either way, you are the customer and they should fix the situation for you. Whether it be fixing it or getting a different one.

that bites JV.

I think the lemon law would pertain in this case and you should be entitled to a full refund.

If it's from the dealer that I'm thinking, they're also a Yamaha dealer?

If so, it will cost you a little more up front, but the Yamaha Grizz 550 might be an alternative. Still has EFI and power steering is optional.

An experience like this can really sour a persons thoughts of a particular brand.

That is a horrible experience. I would not want that machine one bit. Make them exchange it and get a new one. That's unacceptable. And if they have to call tech support, then they need to take the machine back as there is too much wrong with it for you to deal with.