• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Be honest which are you?

fishmon

Quite the thred... I am very much a 1 but with the gadgets. I fish a handfull of lakes I know pretty well and always use the flasher. I also use real weeds and try to stay on top of newer techniques. I am 33 and don't mind sharing honest results depending on the people. Problem between 1 and 2 that hasn't been brought up is lake size and type of fish. These are two very important factors regulating how much infor you can spill. I find every year there is a large group of vultures out there that will swarm on a lake after a word gets out or if they happen to see (me). As a teacher I have about 2 weeks off for christmas which allows me to go were few others go. The last few years I've found hot bites and have been the first one there (for what I could tell) on relatively small lakes. I know that these lakes are not mine but people driving 40 miles to fish a 180 acre lake.... there is something wrong with that in my opinion. The question is would they or did they scout these lakes out on their own. Odds are not. This I understand is a fact of life and it will not change. That doesn't mean I have to like it though. So, For a fellow local... I guess I'd share more detailed info. I hope that doesn't make me a bad guy cuz I really don't view myself as such.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

deffinatly a number one with the exception of being under 30 and i have a few gadgets(but i used to work at gm and got end of the year sales) other than that i dont mind telling people where i fished, and how i caught them, but i dont post it online.

I dont however see where the age thing comes into play. i honestly dont even know many people my age (22) that ice fish. i never see anyone my age out on the lake when im out.

I am a number 1 mixed with a #2. I like to have a couple freinds around, but I like to be the guy that is out somewhere that most people are too lazy to try. The garbage and noise that you deal with in the shanty towns just get under my skin a bit too much for me to stay with the pack.

#1 but I try to hide my catch.I dont like being called a meat hog or those are to big to keep you should have throwen them back. I fish in the metro people think there opinion should matter to me.

Ill share info if I think they wont fish right next to me

or run around the hole lake telling every one how im doing.Ill talk more off the lake.

If some ones in my spot to bad the lakes are every ones.If some one take one of my scouting holes that I drilled no problem thats better then drilling a new one that close to me.

I would rather catch fish but if I dont I still had a ok time.

I like to keep it as simple and affordable as possible I would rather spend money on summer fishing.

OK maybe I should put #2 but Iam way over 30 . good luck RR

No BW by gadgets I mean Camera, gps with chips, the ol reliable self jigging tip up whistle electric jigging dodad, real fake weeds stuff like that
oh! you mean the consumer? lol! i'm a #1. but my public on-line fishing reports might be two weeks old, and 2 lakes away from where i am? Cuz of #2's lurkers.