• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Marcum not charging

fishNcrappie

so here i am night before i leave for LOW and my marcum lx5 wont charge. battery says 90% but thought i'd better plug charger in just to check if it works. (i just changed the battery). the old battery slowly stopped holding charge. would charge to 70, 50, 30 then just 0. so changed battery, read 100% right away. Great! usually when it was charging it would flash whatever percent. now when i plug it in it doesnt flash. anyone have this problem after changing battery?? or is it my plug for charger?

since i dont have a way to test this, for a quick fix would a vexilar charger work???

i realize 100% means 100%. my old battery said 0%. so i bought new one. when first hooked up read 100%. its at 90% now and i thought i'd plug charger in to double check everying. well it didnt flash like it used to. so guess i kinda freaked out. maybe it has to be lower % to start charging??

Are you certain that you are using the right transformer plug? I sometimes get my Camera charger mixed up with the Flasher cord and it fits in the plug perfect, but the numbers won't flash.

Might want to check that just in case.

that'll be first on the todo list when i get back from LOW monday. love my marcum, wont let this ruin my thoughts about it. i'll post what happens

oh yeah, just to be on the safe side i called my brother to borrow his vexilar so i wasnt without a flasher. man, had to wait until he was done laughing to ask!