• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

BASS, WORTHLESS FISH???

Agronomist_at_IA

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess you need to ask yourself what makes your time on the ice enjoyable.

You admitted yourself they fight like heck, so why wouldn't it be fun to catch them?

Sorry, but I find catching anything fun. I'm out there to spend time with friends and maybe catch a few fish here and there.

I've just never understood putting a negative stigma on any species of fish. Sure guys joke around, but when it comes right down to it, 99 out of 100 guys would have a blast pulling 17" bass through the ice all day. I guarantee it.

Thats why I call em green carp. I don't mean anything negative. Carp are some of the funnest fish to ice. I had a 9 lber thru the ice last year and it was a blast but I was dissapointed because I thought it was a walleye. So I guess I do have a little negativity but only because I like to catch what I am fishing for. My first outing this year I caught a 23 inch LM bass and it was a blast especially since it was on light gear for sunfish. I slid her back in and it took a few minutes to slow my beating heart. Definitely a good time.

I think bass are a lot of fun to go after in the summer. Watching the way bass hit a top water lure is something special. During winter though I get dissapointed if I pull up a bass simply because I'm hoping its a walleye or large crappie! Still catching bass in the winter is better than not catching anything.

Just wondering what everyone thinks of bass. I mean besides having them fight like heck, does anyone really ever want to catch one. I hate the [PoorWordUsage] things. If I didn't need them to keep the panfish in check i'd leave them on the ice.

Dude, you need help.

Do you ever fish open water, or just the hard stuff? Do you ever fish for just fun, or you strictly a meat keeper?

Without bass, cities fisherman might just as well sell their boats. Sure, there are pan fish (mostly small), some pike, some skies, and limited 'eyes, but if you want some fun, consistent action, you can count on Mr. bass to provide. Just don't try eating one laugh

Oh here goes the bass bash again!!! I love catching them, a bass out of a clear cold northern lake is good eating, in fact I just did a batch of pickled bass and everyone that tried them raved about them. 3 Quart jars were gone in a flash. I am glad a lot of you wont eat them all the more for me. laugh

Dude, you need help.

Do you ever fish open water, or just the hard stuff? Do you ever fish for just fun, or you strictly a meat keeper?

Without bass, cities fisherman might just as well sell their boats. Sure, there are pan fish (mostly small), some pike, some skies, and limited 'eyes, but if you want some fun, consistent action, you can count on Mr. bass to provide. Just don't try eating one laugh

Nope only ice here

The people I give them to cant taste the difference between them and Eyes. They are a blast to catch!!! The part I enjoy most is showing the guys from the Bass federation the pics of them after I catch them and telling them how nummy they were.LOL