• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

KI-YI coyote call?????

tanman

never tried one, all of my Ki-yi's are done on an open reed call or the electronic. Just think of a dog getting it's foot stepped on by a big guy in big boots. I unfortunately know what that sounds like.

Practice practice practice. best place is when you are stuck in traffic or driving to work. Make sure the car next to you can hear it too...

Gotta love Randy's videos. Those and a persistant friend of mine got me turned onto predator hunting. My kids love trying to see the coyote before dad does. then pretend they are coyotes for me to shoot them. They are pretty quick and will hot foot it out of the room.

i think the ki-yi sounds great as a rabbit call but sounds even better tuned lower like a fawn. we've had a lot of p'd off does come running into the set at night stomping and snorting, and have taken a few yotes off that sound as well last year. im a little more partial to open reeds when i do go calling, but having a closed reed style with an o-ring to hold a specific tone can come in really handy when you find that one sound that really hits the right note. i love the lessons randy anderson has brought forth for predator calling, but hate that fact he makes it look so easy, now every coyote in the country has heard a hot dog, ki-yi, and winded/saw a newbie sitting in the open with a nice shiny brand new stainless/synthetic bull barrel heavy stock prarie dog gun...

never tried one, all of my Ki-yi's are done on an open reed call or the electronic. Just think of a dog getting it's foot stepped on by a big guy in big boots. I unfortunately know what that sounds like.

Practice practice practice. best place is when you are stuck in traffic or driving to work. Make sure the car next to you can hear it too...

Diddo...