Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BottomPounder

Transporting Big Buddy heater?

12 posts in this topic

I bought a big buddy heater the other day and was wondering what the best way to transport it in my yukon is? Just dont like the idea of it bouncing around in the sled while I am pulling it with the wheeler. Any ideas would be great.Thanks!

I have a padded case I bought from the worlds foremost outfitter.Works fine plus it holds two 1# bottles and a hose for a big tank.

I bought the same case from Cabela's and it works well. It has a layer of padding that gives it some protection......I forget the price but it was pretty cheap.

Yeah just keep er under 100 and go around the moguls grin

What do those cases go for? I'm worried about the same thing when pulling mine around. That plastic makes me wonder how it will handle it when its really cold.

I also have the padded case from Cabela's ... love it!

Only catch is that you have to make sure it cools off before you put it back in the case.

buy this Frabill XLTwin, it has a cut out to hold big buddy snug! grin (the cut out in the back middle)

P1010077.jpg

I think it was about 20.00 bucks....

I got the big buddy with the case and it protects it prettty well in my yukon sled. I got my case for 20.

Thanks guys. I'll be stopping by there next time on my way up north then.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

•   With the 40 acres? Both hopefully. We still grouse hunt and deer hunt up there occasionally. There is a small cabin there but there is not a well or electricity. It is very primitive, but that's kind of what I like about it.
    • There are some pretty gnarly long roads and trails up in that area. I use to do some of them alone on 4 wheeler but not anymore. It's always nice to have a buddy with a wince along!  What are you guys thinking on doing with it hunting-camping?
    • Looks interesting. They have those nets that you put down a hole that do the same thing, but I can see where some people would prefer this more solid version.
    •   The land in question is a 40 acre parcel up near Remer. My FIL's uncle has owned it since my FIL was a small child and he has been spending time up there ever since. It's a cool parcel of land with lake frontage but it is hard to get to. The last mile or so is basically an ATV trail. When it is dry enough we can get in with trucks but the last time I was up there there were a lot of trees across the trail that would need to be cleared.    I would love to be able to own that land but ultimately it has to be an immediate family member. My FIL says he was supposed to inherit it because his dad used to be half owner as well. It is looking less and less likely that will happen because the current owner's wife is in a nursing home and the money has run out. We think there may be a lien on the property already but don't know for sure.    My FIL needs to talk to his uncle about the situation before it's too late but I think he is holding out hoping to inherit it. I hope that happens but I'm pretty sure it won't.
    • This is a good way to keep them crisp
    •   I was just wondering where it was since you said you needed a 4 wheeler to get into it. I know the woods up in that area pretty well after years of hunting, snowmobiling and Dual Sport riding all over. Not thinking of buying but just wondering where it was?
    • I'm not fighting with anyone.   Many ways to make antennas, and for receivers in cars wavelengths aren't all that important.   Class up your vehicle with a wire nut or a fox tail or whatever you like.  
    •   Still a possibility but due to family dynamics it would have to be a joint venture with my FIL. He is the one that would have to technically make the purchase and we would go halves with him but he isn't doing anything about it right now.    It may still be a possibility but I'm not holding my breath.
    • sounds like draw length is too long
    • Wax all the string except where the serving is as the wax can get under it and cause it to slip   You should be able to tell the serving because the string will be thicker. Serving is just a thin string wrapped around you bow string. Will be around your peep sight around your d loop   If all else fails just go to your local archery shop and ask them for some pointer about waxing and other general bow maintenance that you should be doing hope some of this info helps though good luck!  
  • Our Sponsors