Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kylersk

Lazy or Crazy?

13 posts in this topic

But I no longer have the desire to head out with my portable. I'd rather wait a week or 2 and bring out the permanent house. When I first got into Ice fishing, about 5 years ago, I couldnt wait to get out in the portable. Not anymore. *shrugs*

I say you're crazy!! the best ice fishing is on first ice with the portable. that being said however, I have yet to hit the ice this year. not because I'm waiting to get the big one out, but simply due to "life"!!! kids, activities, family....you know how it goes!

Ryan_V, that's also my biggest reason for not getting out yet. I almost thought about going out tonight, but forgot my daughter had piano. So, no go for me. Ah well...

Your just lazy...Thats ok I usually don't go out until I can drive on the ice, unless someone drags me out

I think that you are crazy but that is only because I love the fact that the lakes right now will have very few people out fishing and those that are out usually don't crowd you but as soon as you can drive out there is no spot were you are safe.

I cannot wait to get out this weekend! The walk- peace and quiet and the chance at some fish that have yet to hunker down deep!! my favorite time of year for fishing, golf takes over in April so I get the best of both worlds.

Not to mention my wife would not stand for golf and fishing at the same time until retirement!!!

I say crazy as well. I have been waiting for this since last march.

you are not lazy or crazy. I used to run all over but now I am content with sitting in the house nice and warm with friends or alone and just enjoying waiting for the sound of the rattle reel. There is absolutely nothing more relaxing in this world for me than that. Get to the cabin friday, go out and drill the holes and come and go as I please all weekend. It is the absolute best. Watching the camera is like having a national geographic special playing in real time. Enjoy it as you like!!!

/\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\

I approve of this post, Icewoman took the words right right out of my mouth

You aren't either. I'll go out this weekend and walk it, but I prefer when it's thick enough to use the wheeler. I have some medical issues though so long walks through snow suck for me.

I must be getting old. Tired already/still from 5 trips out past week and a half. Going again tomorrow till monday.. Ouch!!

AWWWHHHH por fiskynut!!! I would kill to live in your backyard. What I call gods country!