• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wisconsin 4 day Anterless Season, anyone hunting?

DonBo

I'm gonna hunt near Somerset tomorrow and Saturday only because the farmer that lets me hunt wants some deer taken off his property. I've bowhunted it quite a bit this fall and I don't believe there are as many deer as he thinks. (Not unlike most of the rest of the state IMO)

I know lots of people were dissapointed with the 9 day season, so is anyone else going to give this a try?

Yep, will do some drives Sat - we moved deer last Sat during muzzleloader season. I managed to kill one with about an 8 inch base - jack pine I believe.

I'll be designated driver, just love walking through the woods with a little snow on the ground - no more freezer room anyways between beef and veni.

Good luck DonBo!

Good news guys, I heard from my father in law over near Ladysmith that the deer are starting to move again. They are seeing both bucks and does and they are moving in the light of day. The past 2 weeks everything went pretty much nocturnal but they saw alot of deer today. I saw 4 at my home in Mn during the daylight hours and saw a few bedded on the way home today as I was driving. Should be a good weekend. Donbo, congrats on your deer in the metro, deer in December in Mn are tough to come by. Good luck out there and be safe!

Tunrevir~

I went out Saturday and bagged a Doe within the first 10 minutes.

I was near Plum City and saw 10 deer in the first 1/2 hour. total on Saturday 24 deer seen and not another hunter around. If there had been I'm sure I would have seen many more than that. The Population is fine there was just less than optimal conditions this year. High winds and and too mutch standing corn had a lot to do with the bad season. Ask the Bow hunters. the ones i've spoken to saw alot of deer, so that also rules out predation as a cause for fewer deer seen and taken.

My buds pregnant girlfriend got one on our last drive of the day Sat - she was a pumped up emotional rollercoaster, was a great way to end the day.

My old man walked the entire farm I usually gun hunt and saw notta - very few tracks in the snow. The neighbors pheasant hunted some swamp/CRP land and while that usually bumps a deer or two nothing came out.

Think that will be it for me, maybe one more day or two of late season bowhunting.

skee0025 - you get into yote hunting over by Plum City? I know they have a dog hunting crew over there.

My brother-in-law lives over there. He shot a fawn in the early antlerless rifle season & a doe in the T-zone season. He also shot three with his bow including a nice 10 pointer. Figures I bowhunted with him his first two years over there & I shot a fawn for the only deer we got with bow, then this year when he gets it figured out I can't go this year.

I hunted friday and saturday on our land near grantsburg. Lots of tracks around but me and my grandpa saw nada! I saw tons of turkeys and a coyote running around, but no deer.