• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Belt question

tweeder

Another newbie to sleds here.

I picked up two Arctic Cats ZL500's last year. One is a 1999 the other is a 2000 efi. Both were in great shape and ran great last year.

I did not get manuals for either and was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to change the drive belts on them. I have never had to change one before.

And i'll be honest I haven't looked at it closely yet just wondered if there were any helpful hints/tools so I am prepared when I need to. Thanks in advance.

Grab the secondary clutch (the primary clutch spins when the motor is at idle wink ), get a good hold of it...push and turn clockwise if I recall correctly. The clutch should slide inwards and open up. This will loosen up the belt, and simply grab the belt while holding the clutch and pull it off. Good luck.