Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wastewaterguru

Dog ID

16 posts in this topic

Can anyone tell me the breed on this dog that we got from the shelter.....??

I am leaning toward a German Shorthair, but it might be mixed with something else.

Pepper.jpg

It looks to have some Setter, maybe some lab and possibly some sort of herding dog.

If you want just one breed, I would guess Classic American Mutt

It looks like it could have some springer spaniel in it considering the ticking but that could also be from a short hair or a setter.

The ticking and face are very similar to my enlish pointer. I would guess some sharthair dog like EP/or GSP mixed with a long haired breed. EP and setter could make a fine hunting dog. adam

It looks to have some Setter, maybe some lab and possibly some sort of herding dog.

I dont see any setter in that dog at all. There are lots of breeds that have ticking if that is what your going by.

Yeah it doesn't really matter to us. She seems to be a very good little dog. We don't know how old she is either but from the current set of behavior I would guess about 7 months.

Just a fishing buddy. And a couch warmer.

Ralph Wiggum,

Is that a Great Dane? I own one from a breeder in Isanti and yours looks like a sibling. Mine is from Butters. You'll know what i mean.

Ralph Wiggum,

Is that a Great Dane? I own one from a breeder in Isanti and yours looks like a sibling. Mine is from Butters. You'll know what i mean.

Yeah, he's a Dane. He's out of Northwind Great Danes in Jeffers, MN, though. How old is yours? Ours is 8.5 months.

1229192829_ChristmasFloyd12-11-2008.jpg

I agree with the Border Collie mix. My Broinlaw has border collies and I see that breed in this dog. As for the other part, springer spaniel is a good guess, Dalmatian is another posibility.

In the current fashion of mixing names of breeds to invent a new type of dog (ex Labradoodle, puggles, schnoodle etc) you either have a

Border Coloniel or a Border Calmatian.

I had a beagle springer mix (I guess that would be a Spreagle)as a kid and the face is very similar.