• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

12/11 - where ya headed ?

Where is every one headed this weekend? I have most of the weekend available to fish, but will be on my own. Looking for ideas and ice conditions.

Thoughts are : Fish lake out of Duluth ( but long drive )

Mille Lacs

Green lake , Chisago

?

?

I headed out on my lake today, didn't take my otter, man was it cold. Marked fish, caught one nice crappy and then started having rod and line problems. Everything kept freezing up including me. I just couldn't get them to hit even though I could see fish on the vexilar. Oh well tomorrow is another day. Going to Moose on Saturday with Lisa and the Lake Jumpers club.

I have a short list of "possibles". I scraped my plans for ely frown kind of dissapointed that did not work out. It was to be my last grouse hunt of the year and a chance at some hard work crappie fishing. Looks like there are possibilities of...

Minnetonka....

Lake George, anoka co....

Spec, Isanti co....

or

West Rush, Chisago co...

I am not sure were I will end up. It all depends on "rideable ice" or who calls.

Good luck to all that get out. Be carefull and have fun.

Char

Sounds good -

its looking like Mille Lacs is where I am headed.

If you want to meet me there that would be great. I'll be spending the night in the trailer on the ice - either out of Hunters or Appledorns.

If it doesn't work this weekend we will definitly have to connect up and hit George - up by your place -

Do you have a sled or wheeler?

If not - I made an extra tow bar so I can pull another portable behind mine. measure the distance between the brackets on your portable where the two bar connects to it.

Lisa, really missed ya at Sheldon's. It was really a fun time, although all I caught out on the lake was a bunch of tiny perch. The food was fantastic!!!! I am going to have to trudge all the way across my lake and back a couple of dozen times to work off what I ate.

I don't remember his name, but we will be posting some pictures to the HSOforum with a recap, so maybe Julie will fill me in when she sends them to me. Kinda a wild and wooly bunch there. I tried some of that apple pie stuff, gotta get the recipe and make some for the old grouch.

I don't blame ya for heading home, snow is coming down pretty good here and very windy. I wanted to go out on my lake today and get some fishing in but it looks pretty rough out there. My Jim let me buy a Jason Mitchell rod the other day and I want to spend some more time "trying" it out. Plus I am having so much fun playing with the new "Vex". A little frustrating though, seeing all those blips down there and not being able to get them to bite. cry

We have at least a foot here and it is still coming down and by tomorrow night supposed to be -25. Brrrrrrr.......sure is going to mess the ice up. I may not be able to get out for a while. cry I need to plead with my friend to make me some paths with his snowmobile as the ole 4 wheeler will probably get stuck now.

Yup guys, I'm sure it'll be too deep for 4 wheeler travel. I'm scared of the slushy lakes just like last year! eek

It's still very windy up here too. The temps are really starting to drop. Jim just got done snowblowing the driveway. It's going to be tough to see how much snow has fallen because of the drifting.

We finally got our tree up today. Now it REALLY looks like Christmas around here! smile

Just tried to let the dog out and the back door is drifted shut. Guess where my heavy jacket is? (In the car) Now I have to put my heavy boots on, fight my way out the door and shovel, shovel shovel. I will try and take pictures.

lisa, did you fish moose at all sat before the storm came? this REALLY put a damper in my ice fishin plans for the rest of winter up north. to do any i will need to get to the cabin to try and get the driveway blown out and with a foot of snow or better it will take a bit. madeekcry