• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mississippi Inlet @ Winnie

Covey

i have a guy that i work with at the boat shop, and he goes there every year. You dont see alot of them, but the ones that you see are big in that area he said. They usta spear the other side of the lake, and you will see them all day long, just not bigger ones!

We had pretty good luck, not great a lot of 2-3 lbs. One 33" and one of my buddies missed what he thought was a 36" +. We set up right on the mouth of the river in 7'-9' of water. It was pretty slow and found that we had better luck when we moved deeper in about 14'-16' right on the breaks. The water was very clear in the shallows and a little murkier it the deep water. Ice was 13" and we got a ton of snow Sunday, barely made it off the lake. McArdles resort was awesome. Great trip, can't wait until next year.

We also caught about 10ea keeper perch a day. Helped pass the time.

we have a cabin 40 minutes from winnie and always wanted to spear winnie but never had yet. been there perchin in march a lot maybe someday. we typically go out of highbanks. its just way to convenient to stat never the cabin i guess. is that a sign of older age setting in or being smarter? smirkgrinwinkwhistle