• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Meat mixer

I am setting myself up with some semi-large commercial type meat processing equipment. I have found a 100lb Water stuffer and a 220V 2hp grinder. What I am having a hard time finding is a meat mixer in that 50 lb range (maybe even 100 lb). Does someone have something out there like this that is not take 3 phase power???? If you do can you tell me the make and model so I can do some research to see if I can find one. I am not interested in a mixer/grinder with 3 phase power either.

I did find one with the name brand of Leland are there others???

I have seen the Cabela's, Gndr Mt. and the ones at Sausage Maker, and I've also seen the F D i c k models and talked to a few people that have them and I have my reasons why I dont like any of those.

I am doing meat for myself next year as well as a few other friends probably and I dont want anyones hands in my food if possible or for that matter mine in anyone else's. I also dont like the fact that my hands get half numb after doing several hundred pounds of meat and I think you get a better and more consitant mixing job with a machine than say maybe someone whose trying to be helpful but maybe had one or two too many cocktails to relize what kind of job is being done. So yeah, I want to go this route.

Jerkbait, thanks for the tip, that's not one source I've heard of or checked, that the info I'm looking for, thanks again.

I have seen the Cabela's, Gndr Mt. and the ones at Sausage Maker, and I've also seen the F D i c k models and talked to a few people that have them and I have my reasons why I dont like any of those.

I am doing meat for myself next year as well as a few other friends probably and I dont want anyones hands in my food if possible or for that matter mine in anyone else's. I also dont like the fact that my hands get half numb after doing several hundred pounds of meat and I think you get a better and more consitant mixing job with a machine than say maybe someone whose trying to be helpful but maybe had one or two too many cocktails to relize what kind of job is being done. So yeah, I want to go this route.

Jerkbait, thanks for the tip, that's not one source I've heard of or checked, that the info I'm looking for, thanks again.

No problem, that is where my best friend's step dad gets all of his stuff. They have just about anything you need.

Just an update; I went all out and spent the big bucks. Well sort of, since I got super deals on both machines I decided to go for a 2 for 1 machine and bought myself a Hobart #4346 Grinder/Mixer. This is the same machine my family has out in ND and works awesome. Self feeding, easy to clean, holds 200 lbs of meat no problem, no human contact with the meat, and no cold hands for me! grin Now all I have to do is buy a rotary phase convertor and hook it up since this baby runs on 3 phase power. eek I was also able to find a Zuber EZ Pack 100lb stuffer which uses water power to move the piston inside the cylinder.

New bigger smokehouse is coming soon too!

If you haven't found a phase converter yet my dad has one that might work for you. He got a deal on a huge 4 hp grinder a few years back, bought the phase converter then had an opportunity to trade the 4 hp for a commercial 1 hp 120V and pulled the trigger. Now he has a brand-new in box phase converter that he got from his Hobart rep. Its not a rotary converter but he was told it would run his 4 hp grinder for personal use just fine but wouldn't last too long in day after day commercial use.

No I dont want to sell it; I just bought it. Why do you ask? If your looking for one, they're out there, you just have to be diligent in your search on the internet with e b a y and craigs list. I had several opportunities in the price range of $1200-$1500. I got mine for quite a bit less by just searching everyday, I figured time was on my side and it certainly paid off. One thing to check is use the word 'Hobart' in your search only. Some people dont use 'meat grinder' in the ad as a result might be hard to find. I found 2 on the Minneapolis craigs list right now. There are other similar brands too that work just as well such as Biro, Butcher Boy and Hollymatic. IMO the big stuffers are much much harder to find.

Hope this helps.