Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jigging-matt

Battery Problem?

12 posts in this topic

Got a question for everyone. Have never had this happen. Went fishing this weekend. (did well) When I got home I hooked up the Vex to the charger. In the morning the charge light was still at 50-90%. Tried a couple of times and the light doesn't change after charging. When I started the season the light was at 100%. Is it the battery or is it possible the charger is not working? When I used the charger last year it worked fine. Just bought this fl-18 from my Brother in Law. So not sure how old the battery is.

Could be the battery indicator is wrong. My charger has a light that turns green when battery is at full charge. The battery meter isn't always correct. Not sure what type of gage you have mine has 4 lights. 1/4 -1/2 -full -over charged.

Maybe call Vexilar and I'm sure they will hit the nail on the head for you. Their customer service is very good.

could it be that the battery is not fully charged?its a trickle charge isnt it ? i know on mine its takes about a 1 1/2 days to charge when its dead.

My charger and meter started acting goofy two years ago -- not charging/ charging fast, never getting to the full mark -- and then the machine started not acting right, like the gain would go up and down separate from the knob setting.

I picked up a new battery to help diagnose the problems, and the problems all went away.

few years ago I bought A minnkota 12 voltbattery meter works great.Think I paid appox. 12 bucks for it.

My money is the battery needs replacing. If it doesn't fix it, it always good to have a spare on hand anyways.

Buy a cheap volt meter from Home Depot. A day after you charge it the battery charge should be around 12.65 volts. If not it is probably shot.

I have a FL-18 and the charge indacator has never went to the 100% even with a new battery. I check it each year with a volt meter to make sure the battery is good and charge it overnight every time I use it.

Combination of battery and charger, just that charger lacks trickle charge and battery is near full charge capacity. You just can't 100% if you're at 98% full charge.

Thanks for all the info. I was thinking of trying a new battery, but wanted to get a few more opinions. Thanks again guys.