Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Northlander

Nils Power Auger Recap

2 posts in this topic

Well with 12-14" of ice on our Duluth area lakes I decided it was time to break out the Nils for the rest of the season.

I quickly remembered why I purchased this ice cutting demond.

Being only 22 pounds and cutting through 41" of ice in 12.2 seconds it made very quick work of the 12" I was standing on.

The 48" shaft (also available in shorter 42" shaft) really helps save on my back being 6'6" tall. The 48" shaft model also cures the need for a extention but they are available.

The lightness of the auger takes the work out of drilling holes and I found myself helping others cut holes when their augers wouldnt cut or they had a hand auger. They all were amazed how fast the auger cut.

The Tenaka motor is a work horse and has a expected life of 600 hours verses 250 in other models.

New this year Nils has put in a bit more power and a locking gear case so clearing out those slush locked holes should be much easier.

If your looking for a new auger I highly recomend the Nils Power Augers. Take the work out of cutting your holes with the lightest, fastest 2 stroke auger out there.