• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Question for you.

Crappie Rage

It does seem to me that weather patterns are changing back to colder weather. True, when we have harsher winters the herd suffers because it's harder for them to find food. But what if there was more food? We all know how logging affects deer, right? More food, right? Well, it seems to me that there was a lot more logging done in recent years due to the construction boom of the late 90's/early 2000's. More habitat means more deer. I believe that creation of habitat along with milder winters is why we have had the higher deer populations. More food and more cover=more deer. JMO

That is a very good theory but I think in most parts, habitat is being lost. I think the biggest things we, as hunters, need to worry about is habitat loss, loss of hunting grounds and loss of hunters. We need to get more people, especially the young, involved.