• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Marcum vx1

Jethro80

The VX1 P has more power and I guess technically "better". If I could get either one I personally wouldn't pay an extra $100 for the P.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe the VX-1P also received an extra 6 steps of Interference Rejection (IR).

I bought the Vx-1 for 199 as well. I fished with a guy last year that had one and I thought it was great, so when the 199 deal came up I jumped on it.

It is pretty tough to find a soft case for it though. I have checked Gander, Fleet, and Sportmsans Warehouse but came up empty. I went to the ice show and asked eevery vendor - nothing. I talked to the MarCum guys and they said they would send me one if I called, but the price is 25 bucks plus tax plus shipping. 33 bucks for the case? I will pass...

I bought the Vx-1 for 199 as well. I fished with a guy last year that had one and I thought it was great, so when the 199 deal came up I jumped on it.

It is pretty tough to find a soft case for it though. I have checked Gander, Fleet, and Sportmsans Warehouse but came up empty. I went to the ice show and asked eevery vendor - nothing. I talked to the MarCum guys and they said they would send me one if I called, but the price is 25 bucks plus tax plus shipping. 33 bucks for the case? I will pass...

I checked out Gander in St. Cloud and they didn't have any in stock, but had some at other stores across the country. I'm having one direct shipped from Michigan. They are clearing them out and are selling for $10, plus $5 s/k. So for $15 you can pick one up at Gander, just tell them to check other stores on the computer.

Cabelas also carries a green soft pak that they use to put some of their Lowrance units in. I bought one to try for the VX-1 and it fits nicely...a little snug at first but definately a good buy for 5.99. Really a good looking case (Cabelas Logo) with both front and rear zippers and a top loop for carrying. They are worth checking out if you're having a hard time finding a case.

Just picked up my VX1 tonight and put it together.....boy am I excited to give it a go in the morning. Picked it up in St. Cloud GM as well. I asked about a case like you did and they looked at me funny. The guy I was working with said they just did not carry them and he would not check other stores because he said he could not see their clearance inventories!!????? Seriously??? Do you have any more details, or can you shoot me a reference number I can give them that might help them find the case for it???

Just picked up my VX1 tonight and put it together.....boy am I excited to give it a go in the morning. Picked it up in St. Cloud GM as well. I asked about a case like you did and they looked at me funny. The guy I was working with said they just did not carry them and he would not check other stores because he said he could not see their clearance inventories!!????? Seriously??? Do you have any more details, or can you shoot me a reference number I can give them that might help them find the case for it???

Haha, sorry to hear that, but I'm guessing it's because he was on the phone for almost 20 minutes looking for one for me. Probably just didn't want to deal with it.

I picked up one of these $5.99 cases you spoke up tonight and I have to wonder if we have the same setup. I can get my vx-1 in there but the case is about 2 inches short of being deep enough and I'm not even close to getting the top of the case to go over the VX-1 handle!!!! I wonder if they had different sizes somehow of the case or did you modify your vx-1 caddy somehow?

I think I'm just going to see about getting a case from Marcum