• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Marcum vx1

Jethro80

Well I had a chance to pick one of these units up this weekend and it works great. Yesterday I went fishing with a friend and he just picked up a hummingbird ice45. I had no problem with interference with both flashers within 4 feet of each other. After comparing both I would say the vx1 is way more sensitive. His gain was cranked up to 15 while mine was set at 1.5. Also the ice45 is a noisy unit. I am very, very happy I made the choice that I made

Sounds to me the reason the gain was so high is that your buddy may not have had the suppot cable hooked up correctly. If the transducer is not level with the water your gain will need to be higher.

Have him check his support cabble and if he needs help with that, have him contact Humminbird and they will help him get it right.

[email protected]

I returned my Ice-45 on Sunday and picked up a VX-1 on Monday. I was going to get it from PerchJerker because he had such a great price on them, but he was sold out by then. I happened to stop by Gander and found they had the same price on 'em, so I picked one up. Used it last night and it is more than I expected. It seems that it has a much more "defined" reading than the 45 had. So far I'm really liking it, and you can't beat the price.

It is not the norm for our units to be noisy.

please call our customer service at 800.633.1468 to have your unit replaced. We'll get it back to you quickly.

The other question is about turning up the gain. As stated by me and others, it is imperitive the transducer be level. You will not have to bump the gain up much at all if the transucer is horizontal.

Let me know if I can help. Sorry to hear of anyone having to return a unit.

I have the VX-1 and it is great, especially for the money. You have to buy a FL18 Vexilar to get the zoom feature and it will set you back nearly another $200.

If you compare the VX-1 to the FL8, it makes you wonder how Vex even sells any of the FL8's

Can anyone tell me which chain stores carry these? I get my yearly bonus this friday and want to pick one up in person so I can use it this weekend! I'm closest to St. Cloud......Thanks!

I picked up the 600 watt unit at Gander Mtn. in St. Cloud on Monday for $199. I haven't found anywhere cheaper in town as most places only have the VX-1P model in.

Is the vx1 p a bad thing? I had the chance to get a vx1 but I figured I'd better go with a newer model. I know there's a $100 difference

I have passed the info on to my friend and he wants to give it another week or so untill he sends it in