• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pulling wheel house with smaller ATV

Smellson

I want to take a trip up to red this weekend and with vehicle traffic being limited I may have to make do with a buddies 4 wheeler. Ive got a 6.5x12 ice castle that has a lot of weight on the tongue. Im concerned if my buddies polaris 340 4x4 will be capable of getting the house out on the lake and cant try it at home as the wheeler is up by red. Anyone have any experience with a setup like mine? What do ya think?

I do just what you are asking about. Same equipment. Try to move as much as your gear to the rear of the house as possible. I would highly recommend chains on the rear wheels. It really makes a big difference. My Ice Castle is 14' and VERY tongue heavy. It squats my brothers 340 pretty good but have pulled it around alot.

I don't know what you mean by a lot of weight on the tounge. As long as the hitch doesn't bend you should be fine. If there is too much weight on the tongue could you place your gear, propane tank, and anything else that is moveable towards the back of the house to lighten it up?

I think you will be fine.

200 lbs is a bit heavy but should be OK. I would put the heavy items like batteries auger etc. in the back to offset some of that weight. I move my boat all over the yard all the time with my sportsman 500 and the tounge weight on the boat is about 200 or a little more. Seems to be fine.

I wouldn't use a chain because if it comes loose you could get it in the back of your head. A long snap rope works better with no metal on the ropes. I had a close call on using metal and I don't want that to happen to anybody else.