Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
68Goat

Gift Ideas for a early teen niece??

17 posts in this topic

Hi all,

My wife's family draws names for christmas and of course I couldn't get one of her brothers that I could just take a trip to cabelas and they'd be happy with whatever I brought back.....nope...I draw the name of her 14 year old niece.

We don't have any kids so I have no idea what early teen girls are in to.

Anyone with early teen daughters have any ideas?? I would just ask but it is supposed to be a suprise as to who has who's name. I'd do a gift card but that seems kinda impersonal for family.

I appreciate your help.

Does she like the outdoors? If so, there is a good start. If not ask her if she's interested,

Mike89

Might have some suggestions but need to know how much change you are dropping here.

Earth friendly jewelry is preaty "kewl" to a teenier girl if she is also into "Green Earth" philosophy. Wall Mart and other retailers are part of a partnership deal on this line of Eco friendly stuff, so it is available and affordable.

May take her off guard that her "Old Uncle" is up on such stuff.

A gift card.

With a 14 year old girl you can't go wrong with.

Wet Seal, Abercrombie & Fitcht, Aeropostale, Hot Topics.

We usually get our babysitters something like a Ridgedale Mall gift card, that way they have lots of options on what they can get with it.

Spending $50ish.

The mall gift cards are great ideas....except they live about 90 minutes south of the cities.

I would go for an MP3 player or a digital camera. Neither one is going to be top of the line for $50 but just fine for a 13yr old.

As the father of a 13 year old, here are some of the things on her Xmas list.

I toons gift card/Cds

anything to do with the new movie Twilite

Books

gift cards to Wet Seal, Hot Topics, AE etc.

I'd say if you want it to be a hit, do the gift card to one of the malls or just a generic VISA card. She will be begging her parents to go spend it, and you'll be the cool uncle that gave it to her.

Thanks for all the feedback!!!

Those are great ideas....I figured a teenage girl wouldn't be into a Cabelas sweatshirt or hunting stuff. Other than Ambercrombie&Fitch I have never even heard of those other stores, I will have to find them and check them out and see if I can find something "cool" for her.

My wife was just at Eden Prairie mall yesterday. She got an Aeropostale hooded sweatshirt that is normally $50 on sale for $20. That way you could get her more than 1 thing and really be a hero.

Good luck,

FishingPops

That is good to know...I drive right by there on the way home from work so that would be nice and easy!!

Thanks for the heads up on that FishingPops.

Thanks again FishinPops....stopped at EP center last night and picked up 2 hooded sweatshirts and a t-shirt at Aeropastale for under $40!!!

Is she Goth? Emo? Does she likes skulls? Skater punk? Avril Lavigne? In addition to the stores already mentioned you might consider a gift certificate (or product) from VANS. A VANS hoodie is always good. There is (was?) a store close to VANS at MOA that had DC and some other skater related stuff. A 2GB Sansa MP3 player is great and is roughly $40. At the $60 level you could work with her to design her own VANS shoes or around $100 you can go with her to Nike and design her own shoes.

Anything twilight related is hot. A gift certificate to Barnes and Nobel is usually appreciated by the ladies.