• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gift Ideas for a early teen niece??

68Goat

Hi all,

My wife's family draws names for christmas and of course I couldn't get one of her brothers that I could just take a trip to cabelas and they'd be happy with whatever I brought back.....nope...I draw the name of her 14 year old niece.

We don't have any kids so I have no idea what early teen girls are in to.

Anyone with early teen daughters have any ideas?? I would just ask but it is supposed to be a suprise as to who has who's name. I'd do a gift card but that seems kinda impersonal for family.

I appreciate your help.

Earth friendly jewelry is preaty "kewl" to a teenier girl if she is also into "Green Earth" philosophy. Wall Mart and other retailers are part of a partnership deal on this line of Eco friendly stuff, so it is available and affordable.

May take her off guard that her "Old Uncle" is up on such stuff.

As the father of a 13 year old, here are some of the things on her Xmas list.

I toons gift card/Cds

anything to do with the new movie Twilite

Books

gift cards to Wet Seal, Hot Topics, AE etc.

I'd say if you want it to be a hit, do the gift card to one of the malls or just a generic VISA card. She will be begging her parents to go spend it, and you'll be the cool uncle that gave it to her.

Thanks for all the feedback!!!

Those are great ideas....I figured a teenage girl wouldn't be into a Cabelas sweatshirt or hunting stuff. Other than Ambercrombie&Fitch I have never even heard of those other stores, I will have to find them and check them out and see if I can find something "cool" for her.

Is she Goth? Emo? Does she likes skulls? Skater punk? Avril Lavigne? In addition to the stores already mentioned you might consider a gift certificate (or product) from VANS. A VANS hoodie is always good. There is (was?) a store close to VANS at MOA that had DC and some other skater related stuff. A 2GB Sansa MP3 player is great and is roughly $40. At the $60 level you could work with her to design her own VANS shoes or around $100 you can go with her to Nike and design her own shoes.

Anything twilight related is hot. A gift certificate to Barnes and Nobel is usually appreciated by the ladies.