• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Vacuum sealers

MuntzAngling

Question

13 answers to this question

I use mine all the time.

I use it for packaging fish for freezing.

Packing meat for the freezer.

Meat in marinade.

Freezing vegetables.

Storing coffee beans

etc.

Bob

If you get the bigger models it will handle both size's of plastic 9" or 11". The other thing to look for is the little vacuum hole for attachments so you can use it on large or small canning jars. There are different containers that can use that same hose to marinate meats or store stuff in. If you get into a Fleet Farm or a bigger store that handles all the accessories you will see what I mean. I like to use the jar attachment when I make large batch's of spaghetti sauce so I can vacuum them and then freeze them and they still taste fresh like the day I made it.

I got the food saver and it's great. Keep your box and receipt though. Had one I used once in a few months and went to use it again and it wouldn't seel. Called them and I sent mine in and they sent me a new one. Got that and it wouldn't vac. Did the same and now I have one that works great. It's awesome for all kinds of meat.

This will not replace pressure cooking as part of the canning process. What you might do with certain vegies like corn is you could blanch them and then put in a jar and vacuum them. I just like the glass because they will stop any odors from getting in or out.

I've got one and love it. I definitely agree that you should get the nicest one you can afford. The added options are nice. I use mine for everything you can think of.

We buy lots og things in bulk so its great for separating and storing things.

I've stayed with Food-Saver bags. Have any of you tried any of the other brands out there. They are less expensive but I don't know if they are as good and protect as well.

Bob