• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The snowshoe saga!

I bought a pair of snowshoes off [YouNeedAuthorization] that were described as in fantastic original condition with no cracks, no breaks and nothing missing. I was shocked when I opened the box. After I contacted the seller, she agreed to a refund on the purchase price, but not the $18 shipping charges. I had to take it up with PayPal to get my full refund. It was bad enough that I had to spend $13 to send the blasted things back. And to think she had almost 100& positive feedback. Here are 3 shots showing you what kind of condition they came in.

3096297790_9794e44601_o.jpg

3095456283_eb1d7f2ce0_o.jpg

3096297580_e0439024e3_o.jpg

It took me another week or so to find another pair the size I wanted. When I did, they even had Bob Maki bindings on them, the ones Steve recommended. This seller claimed they were like new and only been used a mile at the most. Upon request, she emailed me additional photos. After I won the auction, I inquired why she was selling them. She told me that where she lives in WI, they don't get enough snow anymore until at least Feb. or March. By then, she's into other things. Well, they came today, and I can't even find a scratch on them. They do look like they were never even put on. My total cost for these, including shipping, was $85. All's well that ends well.

We just need a few more inches of the white stuff. We got about 4 inches since yesterday. Here's a photo of these.

3096297832_e52158a43e_o.jpg

Glad things worked out for you.I've had a couple things not as advertised on that site but the sellers always come through. I'm very confident when ordering from there.

That first set would only be good for setting up against the bird feeder as Ken did last year for a perch.

A foot of snow is snowshoe conditions!

That depends on how anxious you are to try out your new toy. Around here we never hold on to a foot for very long. Let's give him six inches. It's good exercize even if you don't need them to hold you up.

All's well that ends well, buddy. We've got six inches on the ground up here with 2-6 more forecast for tomorrow and tomorrow night. A foot of snow is snowshoe conditions!

Hopefully that will put critters on the move as well. grin

Gee Buzz, you got a little secret you don't want to share? smirk

hey Mike, I just meant that when it snows and the ground is covered with snow the birds and different animals always seem to be on the move and it can make for good photo ops. And since I'll be out and about am looking forward to getting some good images.