• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Springfield 20 gauge pump

I have a question about this gun, since I don't know anything about guns. My buddy wants to sell me this gun that is about 10 years old and I've never heard of it before and I don't know what it looks like either? Is this something that my kids could use? Any help would be appreciated.

I had one, alot of years ago, my first pump gun. It shoots and handles like the Remingtons I have now. Wish I still had it, but I sold it back to the guy who sold it to me so his son could grow up shooting it. It may not be worth a ton of money but my experience with that gun was worth a mint to me. I don't know if the gun itself is only 10 years old, I don't know when Springfield went out of business. Good luck, take it for a test spin at the local trap range, see how it fits and how well you shoot it. Tim

this is the first gun that I shot and now I've handed it down to my 12yrold son and he loves it and might I add he shoots it better than I ever did. he has shot pheasants,ducks,geese and next spring hopefully he can take a turkey with it.

its probally worth 50-100 dollars depending on the shape of it

great gun and is still easy to find parts for if needed

If its the Model 67 then it has to be older than ten years, I believe. I have one that was made under contract for Coast to Coast as the Model 670. I cut the barrel down to 24 inches and mounted a 2 power scope for a kid's slug gun. The first shot fired in anger took a nice doe. The only problem is that when ejecting empties, you have to do it with gusto or the empty hangs up. They're good solid servicable guns that will take a lot of use.

I don't think any firearm that is not a single shot, in good working condition, should sell for less than $100. When was the last time anyone saw any pump for under $100. If its between friends, there might be an exception.