• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Guidewear for Ice Fishing

BigWadeS

I want to hear from folks that use their insulated or non-insulated Guidewear for ice fishing and how it holds up. I know I am getting this brand as they make large sizes so please don't jump on the thread about Ice Armour, Artic Armour, or the Vexilar Hard Water series, thank you

I wear mine for open water only and wear my old Game Hide for ice. I love the Guide wear for late fall muskie fishing keeps me warm and dry if layerd properly under it. I think you will be happy with it. I got the unisulated so I can wear it year round.

I use my guidewear for both open and hard water fishing. I have the insulated bibs and they keep me warm and dry. I have the uninsulated guidewear long coat but I just put the liner to my columbia quad parka underneath which works great.

The only drawback to the guidewear bibs for ice fishing is the knees aren't padded if you do a lot of hole hopping and after kneeling in slush/wet for a while it sometimes pushes water through the gortex so I either use a small chair or a boat cushion which works good to keep my lower legs dry.

Hey big wade,

I have a pair of Tech20 noninsulated bibs and I can say this...

If I had $90 I would buy a second set. I forgot them one day at work and almost went for the second pair. I use them and abuse them for everything. Cralling around on rooftops (hvac), moving snow, riding the sled, spring and fall out of the boat, and EVERY time I am out on the ice. (unless it is -30 or colder and it is a long ride to the fishing hole blush )

They seem to keep you "just warm enough". Warm enough so I would not want the insulated ones. They are water proof to a point(they will get wet, but just the surface layer), the knees and seat are completly water proof.

The guys at work try to give me a hard time about my "snow pants" but I dont like being wet so whatever. I highly recomend them.

I have been using a set of Cabela's signature rainwear for 5 years.They are not as good as Guidewear (supposedly).They have stood up to everything I have thrown at them.I think you will be happy.