• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice Conditions

Hey Nate,

I haven't been out yet, I just got back from Milwaukee my Mother-in-Law passed away Friday night. From what I have been hearing Gogebic is pretty decent, just don't go in the middle as of yet, there is a ton of snow like usual so the ice isn't great. The walleye action is great at Bergland Bay, but I will be going after the illusive perch this Saturday, I will post the report on Monday.

Good Luck and be safe everyone.

Hey Nate,

I haven't been out yet, I just got back from Milwaukee my Mother-in-Law passed away Friday night. From what I have been hearing Gogebic is pretty decent, just don't go in the middle as of yet, there is a ton of snow like usual so the ice isn't great. The walleye action is great at Bergland Bay, but I will be going after the illusive perch this Saturday, I will post the report on Monday.

Good Luck and be safe everyone.

Sorry about your mother-in-law Greg. All the best.

Perchking,

I get up to the Ironwood area about every winter,and last winter I stayed in Bergland for a few days,I have not been ice fishing in MI before,most winters I head up to Tower Mn and the lake Vermilion area.I have heard some good things about ice fishing in the western U.P,might give it a try there this winter.

You will be able to get on the ice with a truck but the only way off will be a hefty bill from a Tucker or Snow Cat. I have seen about 5 trucks on the main part of that lake in my life and 2 went through. tons of springs and lots of snow doesn't make good vehicle travel. Plus you cannot plow roads because it is a designated snowmobile route that circles the shoreline. You can walk any where you need to go, remember the lake is 18 miles long and a little over a mile wide. So the farthest you need to walk is about 1/2 mile max. Most of the spots it is just about a couple hundred yards. there are tons of access points on both of the east and west shore line.

PK

There are alot of places to stay, just google Bergland, MI for #'s The Ice will be pretty nice by the end of the weekend, I have a buddy out there right now and the West Shore is nice, the East shore has some slush but it should be fine.

email sent.