Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
daydreamer

Crank down ATV trailer???

5 posts in this topic

So I recently bought a wheeler and trying to come up with an all purpose trailer for now with the option of building a fish house later. So I'm thinking of getting a crank down fish house trailer frame. For now I plan on just putting planks down with the option at some point in the future to build a fish house. Anyone have any experience with this? Just trying to eliminate having to buy add'l trailers down the road. Or should I just stick to a new aluminum 6x12 for wheeler and portable fish house for now??

I would do the same thing. One concern I have since I don't have the experience with a wheel house is the mileage/speed they can sustain. But honestly, I don't think you'll have a problem.

weddes trailer sales has a trailer like your talking about. haul your wheeler on top then it take it down and a canvas fish house pops up. looked like a nice set up

seen one of those on mille lacs last year and it was a big one probally 8x18 and the fishhouse was camo pattern and the guy said that he uses it for duck and goose hunting back end unzipped and then he drove his wheelers in

real slick deal

seen one of those on mille lacs last year and it was a big one probally 8x18 and the fishhouse was camo pattern and the guy said that he uses it for duck and goose hunting back end unzipped and then he drove his wheelers in

real slick deal

My dad just bought one of these soft sided wheelhouses and its pretty slick only weighs 900lbs and easily pull it with a wheeler. I had it behind mine and you cant even tell its back there. The company is up in sandstone that makes them there called use4all trailers sure beats the usuall wheel house that weighs a couple thousand pounds and you have to pull with a truck.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• On June 30 I sent the dnr an email this is their response, "Hello Rob,
      The hunting regs will be out the last week in July"
    • I agree about the lodge. After gear and any snow it can become a heavy pull. The lodge fit in my 1500 chevy silverado (6.5 ft box) as long a you put the flat end of the tub to the front and when closing the tailgate you had to pick up the end of the sled just a little for the gate to close. 
    • When the heck do they issue them? Seems to be getting late. I'd like to know what kind of slaughterhouse Zone 1 will be, or if they are going to play it smart and continue being a bit conservative 
    • Definitely plan on doing some pulling by hand ealry ice so I'm thinking the cabin it is then. Thanks for the tips and info on the otters and equipment it's been a very big help!
    • Yep, I've contacted 4 or 5 campgrounds in the last couple of days. One has gotten back to me, the rest have not yet.   We will be up that way over the Labor Day holiday so we can check out a few campgrounds while we are there. We actually checked out 2 or 3 while we were up there last year at that time.   I'm not too sure if we are ready to take the plunge yet or not but we are close.
    •   If you are start talking to the owners of the campgrounds now about letting you know when there may be an opening. Ours fills up during the summer but at the end of the season the owners will start hearing about those that will be moving out at the end of the year. Lot's of relatives will tell their families as soon as they hear someone is moving out. Good Luck.
    • Thanks guys. Looks like there are a few lakes to checkout.
    • I really hope the wolves aren't seriously considering this. You take LeBron James off the cavs, and Irving leads them to an 8 seed in the east, at best! This is going to be KAT's team for years to come, so if Irving is looking to be top dog, it certainly won't be here! Personally, I don't think he'll be traded. If the lakers show any sign of improvement in this upcoming season, LeBron will be leaving to go there anyway, so Irving just needs to be patient and he'll be he top guy again.
    • We're definitely checking out our options in a couple of areas we like but I'm not sure if it will happen as early as next year or not.
    • Definitely something to be said about parking it an leaving.  My fees are nothing except the bills I help pay for at the family cabin.  Would hate hooking and unhooking all the time.
  • Our Sponsors