• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Spray on bed liner

I thought I heard good things about lineX, but this being my first real truck, I hadn't really paid attention. $325 sounds pretty reasonable.

It has a drop in. What I don't like about it is how the portable, and everything else in there slides around while I drive. If I stop, I hear it hit the front, accel, and it hits the tail gate. Not fun, and not doing much good for the gear

The last one i had was on a 2001 Ram 2500. It was put in by th dealership and i think it was line X or something. I had it go over the top rail and that saved a lot of paint scratching on the truck.

I also had a drop in and never liked that one. Some times it fluttered in the back, other times it scraped paint from moving it and most of all debris kept getting under it and molding.

Stick with a good brand of spray on for protection and cleanliness.

I think they charged me like $450 back in '01 from the dealership, so $325 seems like a deal to have someone else put it on.

I put Line-X in in '05 for $350 I think. I've hauled sleds with carbide scags, concrete debris, scrap metal and its never chipped, peeled, or gouged! Definitely recommend it. Also heard good things with Rhino.

Called LineX this afternoon. $499 to spray it. Earlier today, I asked the dealership if they would get me a quote from their guy. $500 is a little too rich for my blood at the moment. We'll see what they come up with. I probably should have worked that into the deal. Oh well, lesson learned...

I just have the thick rubber Ford mat in mine. Nothing slides on it, it's quiet and lots less money. Usually by the time I get rid of them the inside of the box doesn't look too bad. The floor seems to take the worst of it.

I got my Line X sprayed over the rails 5 yrs ago when I got my truck. I don't recall the cost (under $500 I think), but it has been well worth it. I've had rock, firewood, cement blocks, dirt etc. back there and it has held up great.