• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

NWTF Murray County

Joe15

I'm seeing more and more Turkeys in Murray co. The dgermstad lake area and Lake Shetec area seem to be getting huntable populations. I see them over by the Pipestone co line too.

I would love to see more turkey habitat in the ground in Murray co. Don't be afraid to start your own chapter, with hard work and a good group of hunters you will be amazed how easy it is to get started.

I'm the treasurer of our local DU start up and we wrote a check for around 15 grand each of our first four years and are continuing to grow.

Good luck finding the right group. Hans

To start our local chapter of DU we got a ton of support from chapters around us. We also had a good regional director, and a long history of DU support through our local gulf outing.

If I were Starting a new NWTF chapter, I would start by contacting national and get the number of a contact person close by, then I would contact the nearest local chapter, go to a meeting and make sure you are not duplicating areas or sponsors. Find out the best place for your meetings and banguet and give it a go.

We started with a mailing to past and current members in the area(which we got from national) that stated we were looking for committee members for a new chapter. It did't take long to find a good group of guys and gals.

NWTF might be harder get going and they might have different rules to get a charter ,that's why I would attend a local banquet or go through the closest chapter first. You don't want to step on any toes, and more than likely these existing members will be attending your first banguets and be early sponsors.

Our DU chapter, Sportman's club, and NWTF often meet on the same night at the same place in Northfield. We get great support from our PF friends too. You'll find you see the same faces over and over again-but that's half the fun.

Keep us all posted about what you find out. Hans