Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Joe15

NWTF Murray County

6 posts in this topic

I'm a rookie hunter in the turkey division and i was wondering if anyone knew anything about the closest division to murray county for the NWTF and if so how can i get involved

Worthington has a NWTF chapter. Tomorrow's Turkeys is the chapter name. You can contact Shaun Johnson for info.

I'm seeing more and more Turkeys in Murray co. The dgermstad lake area and Lake Shetec area seem to be getting huntable populations. I see them over by the Pipestone co line too.

I would love to see more turkey habitat in the ground in Murray co. Don't be afraid to start your own chapter, with hard work and a good group of hunters you will be amazed how easy it is to get started.

I'm the treasurer of our local DU start up and we wrote a check for around 15 grand each of our first four years and are continuing to grow.

Good luck finding the right group. Hans

To start our local chapter of DU we got a ton of support from chapters around us. We also had a good regional director, and a long history of DU support through our local gulf outing.

If I were Starting a new NWTF chapter, I would start by contacting national and get the number of a contact person close by, then I would contact the nearest local chapter, go to a meeting and make sure you are not duplicating areas or sponsors. Find out the best place for your meetings and banguet and give it a go.

We started with a mailing to past and current members in the area(which we got from national) that stated we were looking for committee members for a new chapter. It did't take long to find a good group of guys and gals.

NWTF might be harder get going and they might have different rules to get a charter ,that's why I would attend a local banquet or go through the closest chapter first. You don't want to step on any toes, and more than likely these existing members will be attending your first banguets and be early sponsors.

Our DU chapter, Sportman's club, and NWTF often meet on the same night at the same place in Northfield. We get great support from our PF friends too. You'll find you see the same faces over and over again-but that's half the fun.

Keep us all posted about what you find out. Hans

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Reb's old girlfriend might have had a diaphragm, but you would find that one in the lower unit - not in the carburetor...
    • Most of the homeowner's expense comes from heating and cooling inside a home. Double pane windows have gasses like argon or krypton filled to displace the air between the panels. But the problem is when this leaks from the window panes and settles down at the bottom. 1) The main problem that would arise is condensation. The moisture level goes high thus causing mold, mildew and rotting wood sills. 2) If the gas leaks, the window will not provide better insulation. 3) The windows start to make squeaky sounds thus it is hard to close and open. 4) It also affects the stripping to loose. I live here in Canada. In our house, we have double pane windows in almost all the rooms. Now I could see that some of the windows to be in a foggy condition. Will it be due to the gas in the window panes? Should I need to replace the windows? I have heard that energy efficient casement windows are good compared to double pane windows. I would like to know the benefits of casement windows. Will it cut down my utility bills? Please do share your thoughts and valuable suggestions. Thanks for the time.
    • We spent last weekend in the camper, holed up hiding from the rain. Not the worst thing ever, but a hike would've been nice. Hopefully we'll have better weather over Memorial Day. It looks good now so I'm excited. 
    • I am in a confusion on which one to choose. I have anyways decided to separate the bath area from the toilet. Which one would be better? I don't have enough area in the bathroom. One of my friends said that when it comes to energy efficiency and water conservation, a quick shower virtually always beats a bath. Is it true??   Although it is good for relaxing and ideal for bathing small children, I think it will be difficult for older people and people with injuries to get in and out. When it comes to the case of water heaters also I think it will be difficult to fill the tub. I think all these issues can be sorted out using a shower. Showers always need only less water. But if there is any leak, it will be difficult to fix.   I personally prefer bathtubs. Although it has many disadvantages compared to showers, the relaxation and freshness we get after bathing in a tube are very different. What is your opinion? Based on your opinion, I want to fix my decision and approach a plumbing company for installing it. Feel free to share your thoughts.
    • Mulches are really good. I have tried it in my garden once I had an issue with the weeds. It also retains the moisture in the soil.
    • Although its quite an old post, its still alive only because it is a very important talk. Most of them are behind reducing the weight. Reducing weight is not an easy task. Proper diet and exercise is very essential. Avoid red meat and oily food.  
    • I have seen just once in my life.
    • Great information. I was also looking for some tips to burn fat. I don't take too much food but I am a little bit fat. What could be the reason? Help me.
    • Way to go Andy!
    • Yep.  So far, I love it.  The only glitch so far is that the high speed doesn't work when I am traveling. The screen is clear, The side-imaging is also clear. It is VERY friendly to use!   I am very happy with it for a few hundred dollars less than Lowrance & Hummingbird.   Ref
  • Our Sponsors