Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mrklean

Hybrid bear

5 posts in this topic

Did anyone see the special i think on National Geographic channel about the guy who shot a hybrid polar which was mixed with a grizzly in the NWT of Canda in 2006? It was a pretty good show.

I didn't see the Nat Geo special but I remember when it happened.

Brown Bears and polars are so close geneticaly that they will produce fertile young. It's been done in Zoos before and the Natives have said for years that it happens in the wild too. Bio's foo-foo-ed it until this one was killed and they had DNA.

Did anyone see the special i think on National Geographic channel about the guy who shot a hybrid polar which was mixed with a grizzly in the NWT of Canda in 2006? It was a pretty good show.

Yes I did it was a very interesting show, and If I was that guy I would have that bear locked up good I'm sure there are people that would like to get there hands on that bear.

i was looking around today and on the show it said he spent 25 grand on the hunt and on the internet it said he spent 50 grand on the hunt????

Hmm not sure but I know that wouldn't be cheap. I was kind of mad that the whole time Canada wanted to charge him for killing it. Seriously he was 300 yards away it was white do you think it ever crossed his mind it was a polargrizz