• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

portable mod pics here.

dan z

here is my little mod to makes things a little easier in my hard water travels. simple and effective 2x12 with a few holes in it and a couple hooks for the drill.

PC070002.jpgPC070004.jpgPC070003.jpg

had to get some more room in the xl looked at jim jim's house and came up with this not sure if I will do the other cahir as I fish alone sometimes and like to take out the other car. the tape shows that I now have 8" more inches behind the new chair

PC080005.jpgPC080006.jpgPC080007.jpg

I have the same shanty and like the idea. I don't have anywhere to keep the extra rods ready to go. I'll have to look into doing something similar.

I did a mod for the seats. I really didn't like the seat setup because when hauling behind a quad the seats would fall out and there was limited storage underneath. It really didn't add any weight because the plastic bases weighed a ton.

shantyope.jpg

shantyclosed.jpg

Sandmannd, Where did you get the switch panel for your lights and fan. I have a vex battery under my seat and have two rope lights on the overhead bars but just use alligator clips to turn on the lights. It would be nice to have switches. Are they fused?

Here is my otter walleye wilderness series. Moved the seats much further apart then what they were capable of on metal bars. Under right had seat is for vex/camera. Middle for minnow bucket, back ones are for the rod bags. 20lb in the far corner and beer and misc. items in the others.

DSC01139.jpg

DSC01140.jpg

DSC01141.jpg

DSC01142.jpg

Oh, it added more than a little. Used to have an old deep cycle battery from the boat in there. Took that out and went to a spare vex battery. If you went smaller than a 20 lb tank it would lighten it up. I can lift it in and out of my durango alone if I have to. If you pull a long distance by hand it's a pain, but that's why I put the hyfax on, only bad if it's full of snow. I would say a good buck fifty added to it though. But you can't put a price on comfort.

I have the same shanty and like the idea. I don't have anywhere to keep the extra rods ready to go. I'll have to look into doing something similar.

I did a mod for the seats. I really didn't like the seat setup because when hauling behind a quad the seats would fall out and there was limited storage underneath. It really didn't add any weight because the plastic bases weighed a ton.

>

shantyclosed.jpg

Jim Jim I have not looked under the seats in mine but I'm sure thier close to yours. can I just take a couple screws out of the bulky plastic thing its on and re attach them w/o the bulky plastic piece? of course on a piece of wood like yours.

I have a Trekker II as well, but I don't think that it's deep enough for mods like the ones posted. I did, however, turn the second seat into a rod holder/table/minnow bucket. Not much of a mod, but sure helps the functionality.

I just bought a Trekker II and thought about how to mod it. You could still fab some comparments even though the sled isnt very deep. You could also build above the height of the sled. Realistically, you should be able to build close to the height of the front corner brackets, just be careful you leave ample clearance for the tent poles to move freely. I figure Ill do some fishing this week, and do some minor mods. Personally Id try to keep it as light as possible. Some of the mods above are WAY overbuilt and the additional weight is unneeded. Just fine if your pulling with an ATV or sled I spose.

I did a different chair set up with my Otter. I use a fold up camp style chair in the tub. That tub space then holds the heater tank and my vex. pail. The chair stores in the long space in back that holds the poles, scoop, gaff, etc.. I've got LED strips attached to the poles with switches next to the chair location. If I'm out w/ my son I bring a second chair and he sits on the ice facing the tub. Cover fits tight while pulled behind ATV. December2007004.jpgDecember2007007.jpgDecember2007008.jpg

The sky is the limit doing mods there is no wrong way. I used to pull a medium otter behind the Voyager with the auger, gas can,shovel,extra buckets so I wanted to eliminate the need for it. It's one less thing to unload and load.My idea was everything in one sled and a way to secure my equipement.

Look at what you have to have with you and find a way to make it all fit.

Again there is no wrong way. We all have the same equipement and many different ways to get it onto the ice.

There is a portable mods thread with lots of pics to ues for insperation. It will be aways back in the pages or mabey somebody can give you a shortcut to it.

Get yourself some materials and dig in !!!

Go back to pg 54 look for Portable Mods lots of pics there.