• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Heater

Eric Osborn

I have an aluminum with 1 1/2 inch styro insul and just bought a buddy heater and used it this past weekend works great almost to good had to turn it off several times during the day.They make a smaller version of the buddy heater that is 3800 max btu's and I think that would work great for mine and defintly yours they run about 70 bucks

If you have the room I recommend the Mr Heater big buddy.

It has 3 heat settings (4,000 9,000 or 18,000 BTU), a fan (long battery life I used just over 4 D cells for the entire season of fishing weekends), tip sensor, O2 sensor and is indoor rated. 2 one pound propane tanks last a long time in an insulated house. (I heat my canvas house all day on less than 2 tanks) it has the option to connect to a larger (up to 20lb tank also)

And, It is on sale at one place in the city and on line for $89

The only downside I can see is it is a little big and clunky for a small shack.

I just got a Mr. Heater base camp model uses 1# for 5 hours.

We used it Sunday in a 4 X 6 canvas. Plenty of heat for a moderate day. With the size & insulation in your house it would be plenty of heat & it doesn't take up much space.

i know how tight that house is buddy and im thinkin a candle will probly do it buddy, just got to figure out how to keep it dark, haha.

i think one or those little ventless heaters would be great cause u can mount it on the wall and get it off the floor.

I have one of the ventless heaters in my house which is 6'X6', insulated floor, walls and ceiling. I'll run it on low and still will have to shut it down once and awhile depending on the outside temp. Think about a fresh air intake for the heater. I used a 1" piece of PVC pipe about 16" long with a 90 elbow on both ends in opposite directions, one end sticks out the wall and the other comes down next to the heater. The one that sticks out the wall put another 90 degree pointing down (helps to keep out light and blowing snow),then I put a cap on the outside pipe when I leave.