• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Breckenridge pheasant hunting

Does anybody happen to have a report for the area between Breck and maybe Morris. Coming to Wahpeton for my kids hockey game on Fri nite. Thinking about taking a day off to try it down there being that I will be in the area.

Hey weinerman, here is the same topic from a few weeks back.

http://www.fishingminnesota.com/forum/ub...nts#Post1600379

Hopefully that works for ya! The numbers seem down but it beats not hunting. I have not hit anything North of town but I have hunted about a half hour south and it has not been that great. Wish I could be of more help, but my season has not been that great!!

thanks for the reply fishin58.

Been down to Morris for the opener and then out to South Dakota twice since then. MAybe got kind of spoiled with that. I thouight if things were really good it might of happened, but maybe have to save that day of work to go fishing.

Thanks again for the reply

I will be heading down towards Morris this weekend to hunt Sat-Sun on the family's private land. Sounds like there are tons of birds but they are getting smarter. Going to see if we can outsmart them with some hybrid posting/pushing scenarios. I'll try to give an update Sat night on how we did.

Hopefully you guys got out of there OK. Talked to my brother-in-law today who lives out there and he said the weather is as bad as he's ever seen. I think my Morris hunts may be done for the year will all the snow.

Hopefully you guys got out of there OK. Talked to my brother-in-law today who lives out there and he said the weather is as bad as he's ever seen. I think my Morris hunts may be done for the year will all the snow.

all the snow? this is when it just starts to get good in the area mentioned. just scout the evening before and look for the heavy cover the birds are relating to, and the following morning hunt will be quick and productive.

Best time of the year to hunt them. Went out tonight and my dog and I jumped a catail patch and both the dog and I just sat and watched as about 100 birds got up in 2 min and we saw only one rudie in the flock but its hard to tell when there are that many man what fun!!

Don't get me wrong, I agree that this is a great time to hunt. Unfortunately, a lot of the places I hunt in Morris are off the beaten path a bit and difficult to get to now with all the snow.