• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice Fishing House Photos

bogwalker

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bryce, I think we are saying the same thing. With the wind coming from the NW, the snow drifts will be on the NW side of the house. If the tounge is facing SE, that's the direct opposite of the wind and would be protected by the house.

No, if my door was on the drivers side, the door would be facing NE. So, yes wind would howl through it.

On the passenger side, it's facing SW and protected by the house. Since the wind is coming from the NW.

Houses that have their door on drivers side should point their tounge SW. This protects the door from wind, but not the toungue. Since the tounge is now on the SW, it's no longer protected by the house.

Make sense?

Here's a silly drawing I made quick. smile

fishwind.JPG

Crystal clear now. I point my hitch to the SW. Have found that most of the snow piles up on the north side of the house with just minor drifting by the hitch that is easy to back a path through. 6 of one, half dozen of the other. Your method pretty much eliminates any drifting by the hitch. My method offers more protection if the wind switches to out of the west which is more common than east. Either way, these houses are pretty easy to move if an unfavorable wind is forecast to persist.

The house goes out with me Friday through Sunday. Generally in that time, I'll move a few times, so I haven't really concerned myself with drifting snow, or which direction the tongue is pointing. All I do is face the door down wind. Donno, just what I do.

Bryce,

Do those wheels go up? I guessing so, but hard to see how. Was that a trailer frame you bought like that or converted from a fixed wheel trailer? Reason I'm asking is I have a large pop-up trailer (sleeps 8 in its current state), I'm looking to convert .

Thanks!