Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dudewheresmyboat

Strikemaster Auger problem

8 posts in this topic

When drilling holes, blade is wobbly and have to put a lot of pressure on auger to get to drill. Would a new shaft be the solution?? I did have the transmission/clutch repaired lastyear. Help!

Call their customer service, they would give you the best solution to any problem. Kinda sounds like your shaft is bent.

Had the same problem last year. I took it to D-Rock in New Brighton. They changed the blades and it's been great since.

I would get it fixed before you try to use it again. putting a lot of force on the auger when drilling can mess up the pitch of the blades, and cause it to cut worse. Could be bent shaft, dull blades, messed up pitch,...

good luck

I replaced the blades late in the season last year...still the same. Maybe i'll run it up to Big Lake and make a ice trip, Thanks guys!!

Dude, are the blades just not grabbing and drilling down? I just purchased a Lazer Mag 10" and have been running into issues of the auger blades not grabbing just before breaking the ice into water. Bring some PAM with and/or apply some onto your blades and flighting to reduce is build up. Once I cleaned my blades off, she ran a lot smoother. Let us know how it works out. Good luck.

If the blades are out of pitch, they will cause this problem. Is the shaft wobbling at the powerhead or farther down the shaft? If it is at the powerhead, that is normal, they are never tight there.

Are the blades dull? Dull blades cause those symptoms.