Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WALLEYEDUDE2001

Screws for attaching Alum. sheets ?

7 posts in this topic

What is the best method for attaching the alum. siding to the wd studs for a house. I have seen both the washered screws & some w/just the screw (no rubber washer). With colored siding & not a matching screw available, what have others used & where's the best place to get ? Are S.S. screws worth the extra $ ?

I would either use the rubberwasher as it may also act as a lock washer or maybe even pop rivets so that they don't come out

Jesse

Aluminum siding or steel? Aluminum in contact with steel can cause a bad reaction. Have you ever tried to pull a spark plug out of an aluminum head that's been there too long? The washered screws are a good idea. Try painting the heads after they are installed if you're concerned about the color. Painting them before install is easier but you will have to touch them up anyways. The paint will also mess the heads up when you're trying to drive them.

No need to ss screws.

TC

FishNCrappie: When you say you are using the ones with the rubber washer, do you mean pole barn screws? Is you house framed in wood or metal studs? Also, where is everyone getting the aluminum sheets?

Thanks,

dukhuntr

I picked up my sheets of aluminum at Garelick Steel in Mpls. 5' x 10' sheets of .040 painted aluminum for $67.50/sheet and 4' x 8" sheets of diamond plate for roughly $85/sheet. I also had them bend and cut the entire lot. All told, it ran me approx. $900 delivered for a 6.5' x 14' with 3'V house.