• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Crow

fishin58

Originally Posted By: Wadinator

At this point in his career, give an average team a week to gameplan for Tjack and he'll be back to struggling as always.

Kind of like gus has struggled???

Do you think we'd have a better record if the switch to the human statue was never made?

At this point, it's all about wins and losses and a possible division title, and I think a switch at this point (if not necessary due to injury) is detrimental to the little bit of chemistry our offense has mustered since the switch to Gus. Additionally, as someone else had previously mentioned, when Gus drops back to pass I'm wide-eyed with anticipation of a touchdown pass instead of cringing in anticipation of a pick or pass thrown at the receiver's feet (although Gus started to look like this too a couple of weeks ago).

I was one who thought the switch was premature, as I wished the playbook had been opened up to Tjack before he was benched. Then the offense would have either improved or failed miserably, but either way we would know whether or not the team is better off with Gus or TJ. But that's not how things went down, and now I have much more faith in Gus that TJ.

Plain and simple...If Gus is out for a while and teams gameplan for TJ, he will not play as well as he did against the Lions. However, as far as I'm concerned, who we start at QB is much less important than the health of Allen and the status of the Williams wall.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How about this, Gus peels himself from the turf after his bone rattling tackle and gets back in there. Do we win the game yesterday? I say a big NO, whether you like it or not the gameplan Vs. Gus is not that difficult =Blitz.

Yeah, and I have to admit that I love the idea of having a mobile QB with an accurate arm (who wouldn't?).

Whether or not TJ can actually meet that type of expectation is still unknown, but the potential is there. That's why I hope he stays here as a no.2 for a few more years.

Still waiting for your ultimate list of great Qb's in the first couple years in the NFL. So I guess you missed the stat of yards gained by A.P when Jackson play vs dead fish. T at least gives our O a different look rather then run on firt, run on second, sacked on third...punt...or run on 1 run on 2, int on 3...nice

Ok ok, I have to do it: 1 word- Duante!

IMO, there should be a class action suit for attempted murder if they put Gus back out there, keeps going like this he is going to be lucky if he can push his own wheelchair! I don't know what it is with the lions D-line but both games they just were able to get in the pocket and crush him. T-Jack isn't the answer yet either, like the other posts say, give a team a week to prep for him and he will be stumped.

Hey, my hat is off to both of those guys snowman. But the season is not done.

And yet you're telling everyone to eat crow and ready to anoint T-jack as the savior of Vikings kingdom after he has 1+ half of decent football against possibly the worst team in the history of the league?

fishin58 it seems you have a good hatred for da man Gus. The only stat I even care about is the win loss, and Gus is da man over T-Jack. And yes I do believe the Lions would have found away to lose the game even if Gus was the QB! I agree that T-Jack should have had an open leash before being taken out, but it is to late now, they need to stick with Gus if healthy. If Gus is sidelined, and T-Jack puts up very good numbers and pulls out a win on Sunday, then I would be ok with T-Jack to start the remaining games!

Lemme put it this way: Gus's arm, and TJacks legs. Decision making- 55% to Gus, 45% to TJack. All this equals to two very poor QBS. Sorry, but it is true. Like I said before, gimme Tebow in the draft next year.

Win/loss is the stat eh? Then why doesnt Jacksons 8-4 record as a starter from last season mean anything???

Well because it was last season! His record this season is what cost him his job! His record last season is what got him the chance to be starter this season.

Tjoke will never be a good nfl qb. Get off his jock. What are you in love with him?

I wish we would have stuck with Tjoke from the beginning. That way we would have won less games and got a better draft pick. Hopefully our new qb of the future will be drafted this year. Tjoke is not the answer!

T-Jack is horrible. He did look god against the Lions for the short time he played...but not enought to disrupt the team and take Gus out.

Gus is not a good QB either. He is O.K.

You can't "open up the playbook" for either of these guys.

Gus is the man, unless injured. He is the best QB we have on the team right now.

I gotta admit, TJ looked good yesterday. I hope he continues to manage games like he did yesterday without committing costly mistakes. If he can do that, he's definitely better than Gus.

However, did you notice that the playbook looks a little more open than it did in his first two starts of the year?