• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best heater for portable

RignJig

I would recommend the Mr Heater Cooker with a 20 pound tank and 12 ft hose.

Unless you or anyone of your partners are a Klutz. The Cooker has been known to "Cook" unwanted items especially if you are prone to those types of things wink

In that case go with a Big Buddy

Does the Mr. Heater cooker throw off more heat than the Little Buddy?

Yes, quite a bit more.

One thing to remember though is that you will need to keeps the vents open in your house and or step out to get some fresh air every now and then.

My vote is for a big buddy with the filter and 12' hose. Not a small or regular sized buddy heater though.

I like the big buddy over a cooker or sunflower becase they are quieter, produce less CO, give off a more even heat, give off more heat than the cooker, and they won't burn your fishing line or portable canvas (not that I've ever burned my fishing line on a cooker whistle ). Downside - they are more expensive, heavier, and bigger than the cooker.

I just saw Northern Tool has them on sale for $90 (marked down from $130) and you get a $10 gift card with $100 purchase. You won't find them any cheaper than that.

Go with the Heater COoker. I have a 11# Pancake tank to reduce the weight. It is nice because you can cook hotdogs on it also and nothing taste better on the ice then that. I had the regular Buddy heater and when it got really cold out it couldn't keep up.

Having both the heater/cooker and the Big buddy I would go with the heater/cooker. Lots more heat... however it can burn stuff up. If you want to use it for other things... garage/camper type deal go with the big buddy/filter/6ft hose.

I have said it before, and will always stand by my Hot Spot Reddy Heater. They sell them at menards and I just did a search online and you can get one off of [YouNeedAuthorization] for $59 and $15 shipping. This heater is good for a larger portible such as a Otter lodge or a very large suitcase style house. I reguarly have to turn it to low and then close the propane tank a bit to regulate the heat if it is above 20 outside.. I have never needed to run it on high other than the initial 4-5 min to warm the house up enough to take some layers off...

I like the Big buddy much better than the cooker/heater, no fumes, headaches, and you can put it closer to the side of the house without melting it. I use the quick connect hose with a 11lbs tank, works great in my Yukon.

I vote Heater/Cooker also.

Although I use both myself in my Voyager.

I use an 11 Lbs tank that sits outside and just run a hose under the frame/canvas. I have used this set up for 20+ years fishing hunting and just cooking and I have never used a filter.

Granted it could be a bit quieter but it is versatile.

My vote is for a big buddy with the filter and 12' hose. Not a small or regular sized buddy heater though.

I like the big buddy over a cooker or sunflower becase they are quieter, produce less CO, give off a more even heat, give off more heat than the cooker, and they won't burn your fishing line or portable canvas (not that I've ever burned my fishing line on a cooker whistle ). Downside - they are more expensive, heavier, and bigger than the cooker.

I just saw Northern Tool has them on sale for $90 (marked down from $130) and you get a $10 gift card with $100 purchase. You won't find them any cheaper than that.

Ditto! I am considering picking up a heater/cooker as a backup.

For me it is not worth risking burning stuff on the cooker IMO. Not that I am a klutz, but it can be pretty tight in them portable shacks some times.