• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sportsman 90 ?

walligator

My son has a 2004 Polaris Sportsman 90.I used to have to turn the gas off on the machine to stop it from leaking from the overflow tube under the machine.Now it leaks from the overflow tube even when the gas is turned off.It will empty the tank down to about a pint of gas in the tank.Any ideas for a quick fix?does something need to be tightened?

Walligator

Sounds like 2 problems; float valve and Fuel shutoff petcock. There might be some tightening or cleaning that you can do before replacing it. My old Yamaha leaks out of the overflow, too, and I just turn the fuel shutoff to Off. No more problem. Even if you do put a carb kit in and it fixes it, it wouldn't be a bad idea to get that fuel shutoff checked out.

Sounds like 2 problems; float valve and Fuel shutoff petcock. There might be some tightening or cleaning that you can do before replacing it. My old Yamaha leaks out of the overflow, too, and I just turn the fuel shutoff to Off. No more problem. Even if you do put a carb kit in and it fixes it, it wouldn't be a bad idea to get that fuel shutoff checked out.

yep float valve is stuck and you prolly gotta tighten ur shut off or that could be bad also but forsure the float valve