• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

have you ever done this

7outof10

i put all my rods in my case at the end of last year and i put it in a really good spot so no one would move it and now well .....i can not find that really good spot lol ......i dont know how long it will be tell i find them lol this sucks lol lol

This year I couln't find my shotgun and was getting really worried. I opened the gun locker and nothing there! Looked everywhere in the house. It ended up someone put it behind the freezer in the basement! and it wasn't me!

Keep looking you will find them in due time.. Theres nothing like finding something you have been looking for.

One winter I threw on my winter coat for the first time since the previous winter. Stuck my hand in the pocket and found a $20 bill.

Then one other time 3 years after I had gotten out of the Navy, my dad asked to use my sea bag for his deer hunting trip. In the outside pocket I found my class ring. Thought that thing was lost forever.

I had a custom-jigs-n-spins tackle display box get lost. I got the whole 9x13" display kit givin to me by a friend who was closing her bait shop. The box had over 500 jigs in it.

Sizes 6-12 varies colors, Fatboys, Genz worms, rat finkies, demons, also alot of jigging raps that I put into the box. If I were going to replace the box I know it would cost close to $500.

Happened to me a few weeks ago. I had bought a new fly reel in July on a clearance sale at GM, and put it someplace. Of course I couldn't find it when I went looking for it a couple weeks ago. I wanted to try it for some late season smallies. I just found it yesterday with my fly tying stuff. Not sure how or when it got put there.

I was fishing on the Rum River and lost my wedding ring this fall, must have slipped off while reaching in for the big fish. LOL. Try explaining that one to your wife!

I never wear mine. My dad has a nub from where he lost his finger after getting his wedding band snagged on a hay wagon.

I was with my father in law and called her as soon as I seen I lost it. He looked at me and said what the heck you cant wait to get yelled at?? She was very understanding though. I was going to go swimming for it, but it was bitter cold and wasnt sure where it was lost. I kept it loose so I could take it off when working on electrical items due to horror stories and now I have one for keeping it loose.

You hear about the guy, from TX I think, lost his class ring 20+ years ago and about a week ago,a couple guys caught a large bass and it spit out this guys ring into their boat. They figure the fish found it on the bottom and just picked it up.

thought I lost my jigs the other day. I knew they were somewere in the house and I was just puzzled at were I hid them so "she" would'nt move them well low and behold they were right beside the vex on the floor upstairs. "she" actually made sense this time I know I did not put them there.

I'm starting to feel a little better. A couple of weeks ago I set my rod bag with 3 rods and a small tackle box with my chubby darters and raps on the back of my wheeler on the trailer. Decided to take a test run with the trailer...I didn't realize until a couple of days later what must have happened. I haven't been able to completely let it go - I still make desperate checks in the back of the pickup or under the workbench. Now I'm ready to move past it! Thanks.

There was a story of a guy who took his ring off and put it on the beak of a Sailfish, cuz he was getting divorced, guess he caught it the next year or something, what a place to store something. I usualy put my clippers in one of my bazillion pockets and then I just break the line and then Oh ..hey look ..there it is. Just look in that "other" safe spot, maybe you will find something else you were looking for and forgot about?

shawn

I just got a new Vex, used the first time Monday. I wanted to charge the battery and lo and behold couldn't find the charger. I knew I put is somewhere so the cat wouldn't chew on it, looked for 3 hours on Monday night, and started on Tuesday morning....no charger. Hubby walks into the bedroom, while I am tearing drawers apart and says "is that it on the shelf over there?" The shelf is on the wall behind the bedroom door, I had the door open obscuring the shelf. Now it is stored in the drawer I first looked in where I store my other chargers and misc. electrical cords. I was blonde growing up, now the hair is brown but the brains don't seem to have changed.

I've been out ice fishing a few times this year already, have done some portable mods, etc. My point is that I have been spending a fair amount of time playing with my fishing equipment this month. But the one thing I cannot find is my "bait puck". I have searched my normal ice tackle storage areas, the entire house, and the garage several times and the puckin' puck is no where to be found. I have even searched the kitchen fridge (my normal storage spot for it when it actually has bait in it, much to my wife's dismay). My wife thinks I have gone senile. I think she's right. But what I am most worried about is when I do eventually find it, it will still have last March's eurolarvae in in!!! eek

I spent about half a day looking for my pan fish jigs box this year....they were in one of my boat tackle boxes....

I have lots of bait pucks....couldn't find them last year so bought more...mid winter found the old ones...sitting empty in a bin in my garage where I wouldn't lose them..

Gettin old ain't for light weights.. LOL