• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Merkman

mrklean

I think this is what you are looking for.

So the order of things when the live decoy is in this harness is

Bead

Crimp

One Bead

Live Decoy

One Bead

Sinker

Beads

Spinner Blade

I am not sure if that is right but it works for me.

You can cinch the crimp down on the Live Decoy pretty good by sliding the top bead down.

2260207893_65fc978634_o.jpg

This is the pic of the B&S style rig.

I was just starting out when this photo was taken so the live rig is shown incorrect in this photo. The sinker should be on the bottom.

2237517797_6eb3da6e61_b.jpg

I just tied a bowline knot in a short leader with a snap swivel on the end. The loop created by the bowline goes over the front fins of the fake decoy and before the eye hook. I have never had a probem with it comming off.

thats the one im looking for thanks. has anyone ever tried the fake decoy on the bottom and live decoy on top before? Instead of a spinner blade just down down a few inches of line to the decoy?

thats the one im looking for thanks. has anyone ever tried the fake decoy on the bottom and live decoy on top before? Instead of a spinner blade just down down a few inches of line to the decoy?

I haven't.... yet.

That is a good idea, I may try that out next weekend.grin

Think you could put the live decoy between the beads under the sinker. Then the sinker would be on the live decoy's back (like what is pictured). I am not sure what how it afects the live decoys action one way or the other.

For a twist, I have also put the harness as far back toward the dorsal fin as I could, and swam the live decoy. That set up makes the decoy look like he is dying and trying to swim up. It also exposes the white bottom of the live decoy to give it more flash. The only issue with that setup is all the northerns I have seen using that setup have come ripping into the hole at 100 mph.

Last week I tried the the live on top and the fake on the bottom with no luck and I'm not say that it wont work. I did notice that the live has a hard time swimming arond with the fake on the bottom but I think that at time the struggle that the live has will draw in fish.