• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

keeping bait alive

Ol' Lund

I have an old cooler that keeps the temp regulated well and then I bought a fairly large pump/bubbler kinda like they have at many bait shops that sprays water in from above, the beauty is it hooks up to a car battery so it will go forever on a charge...I think the pump deal was like $40

hoggs222, just the bubbler will not keep them from freezing on a below zero night. I use 2 bubblers, and it helps a lot to keep the bucket off the cement floor, like on top of a cooler or something. You can thaw quickly by dumping some water out and adding cold tap water, which quickly gets cold. I have not had issues keeping fatheads with other minnows, but I would say that they last the longest. Shiners will usually die first, then suckers.

So far I still all my minnows except one are still alive from last Tuesday. He probably died of boredom I would guess. Or maybe he was offed by another minnow. Mafia style.

If you find a horse's head in the tank then you know you have a full scale Mafia war and to use up those minnows quick before they move onto your turf and take over the living room!