Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Moose-Hunter

Muzzleloader License Question...

8 posts in this topic

I thought I wouldn't have the time to go after deer with the smokepole... But as it turns out, I may be able to get out!! grin

Question...

With all the changes, muzzleloader season IS still statewide correct? Meaning I can legally hunt in either a rifle or shotgun area?

Question...

Can I hunt the same day as I purchase the license? OR... Is there a "waiting period"? Say I purchase my tags tomorrow morning, can I be on stand tomorrow evening?

The Encore is all ready to go!! Just need the final "okee-dokee" and I'm gone!!!

your right you can hunt anywhere. not sure on the waiting period, if there is one, its probobly 24hrs go buy the liscence tonight. hope you get a shot, it's really slow where i'm at...good luck.

The waiting period is actually one whole day. Ex. if you buy the license today, you can legally hunt on Tuesday. The day waiting period is considered from Midnight to midnight. Good luck if you get out!

also if you hunt a zone that was lottery and had bought a firearms liecene you can not shoot a anterless deer unless you have a anterless deer permit for the area you are hunting but if the muzzle loader liecence is the only liecence purchased then you can take either sex deer state wide

Thanks for the info... This will be my only deer license this season so I'm good taking either sex. I'd love to get my license tonight, but who would still be open this late on a Sunday night? Gander maybe?

I believe some Holiday gas stations sell licenses, call them it's worth a try. They would be open now.

After a phone call to my buddy, looks like I won't be getting out until wednesday anyway... Oh well... I'm mean that IS 4 or 5 days to hunt... At least I'm getting out... Right?

Moose-hunter, if you still needed to get your license tonight you could always drive to Belle Plaine. The Sparetime tavern sells them and are open late of course.