Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sandmannd

Choices, choices, which is right?

13 posts in this topic

Okay, so after going to the ice show I got ideas in my head and not sure which route to run.

Right now I have four houses. I have a perm on Mille Laces. I have trailer that is a flip over house that is 10' wide, 16' deep and 9' tall. I have a one man on the back of my wheeler and I also have an otter two man. Now at the ice show I saw the Clam Quick Fish (I believe that's what it's called). My buddy, BigWade, picked one up. I think this would be the best for early ice and much lighter than dragging my otter around. Any experience with these and how do you like them?

Get that extra one, set em all up and invite us all out fishin,Have lots a cool ones,and a few hot ones. Green in Kandiyohi sounds good.

Nope, single car tuck under. It's hard man. Two sheds in the yard though. That's another reason I'm thinkin of getting rid of the otter and going to the quick flip.

Now at the ice show I saw the Clam Quick Fish (I believe that's what it's called).

Sandmannd, is this the HUB that your talking about? Eskimo makes a similar unit called the Quickfish? I'd wait till you try out the trailer trap, or get a chance to see how Wade likes his and see how they fish, then take the leap. You could get rid of it after the new year with lots of season remaining - probably be a few kids that want to spend some x-mas money.

Yep, it's the Hub Sean, couldn't remember the name. But yea, I like your advice and kinda what I was thinkin.

I've been considering the same thing. I have a Otter Lodge and Clam Pro ... The size and weight this folds down to would really be handy. Regardless of what I do I will always hold onto my flipovers.

Originally Posted By: Sandmannd
Now at the ice show I saw the Clam Quick Fish (I believe that's what it's called).

Sandmannd, is this the HUB that your talking about? Eskimo makes a similar unit called the Quickfish? I'd wait till you try out the trailer trap, or get a chance to see how Wade likes his and see how they fish, then take the leap. You could get rid of it after the new year with lots of season remaining - probably be a few kids that want to spend some x-mas money.

Yeah I picked up the Clam Base Camp and for the size when hauling and roominess when set up it was too good of a deal to pass up and I think it will be used more then my Otter Lodge...we'll have to get it out and try it Shane and Sean!

Yea, I'm thinkin some ice fishin this weekend is in order to try out some new purchases.

Sandmannd,

If you have 4 fishhouses, whats a fifth one? I don't see a wheelhouse in your list maybe you need a sixth one too! You can never have too many. OK maybe you can.

Yea, explain that to the wife Dave. I know, for what I got into it, I may just keep it and get the flip house. We'll see how much I use it though. It is a really nice and comfortable house. But then I wouldn't mind getting another and modding it out.

Just pick up some carpet squares from menards or the depot to keep your feet off the ice and you should be good to go.