• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Do any of you shoot any SP-10? I have a BPS 10 that I don't shoot much but found a decent deal on a used SP-10. Thinking I could work a trade in deal for very little $$. Regardless, do those of you who have them like them?

Thanks - erik

I've got one.

It's a goose killing machine smile I've had mine for about 10 yrs. Picked it up used. Only mishap I had with it was a nylon bushing, I believe behind the bolt, broke a few years ago. Other than that, it's never missed a beat.

Recoil isn't too bad. Far less than the BPS 10.

I like mine. 26" barrel, swings like a dream, and flat out decimates geese.

I had a BPS 10. Then I got a Remmy SP-10. I hated them both. I finally got into a Browning Gold 10. MUCH lighter than the Remmy, mild recoil compared to the BPS and no troubles EVER. If you can find one, that would be my only choice for a 10 gauge.

My primary waterfowl gun is a 3.5" 12 gauge. I don't care what anyone says, when you need the big power nothing hits like big daddy 10!

Thanks to all. I don't have ape arms and have found that trying to reach far enough out on the BPS fore-end so that shells still eject out the bottom throws me off some. My "other" gun is a Gold 12 gauge and I love it. Found a good deal on an SP-10 though so I may go that route.

So far the lightest recoild 10ga I have had is my American Arms O/U 10ga turkey model. I got some modified tubes for it and it is a killer on geese. Yes it is only 2 shots but why do you need more. smile

I have owned the BPS 10, IMO it is the hardest kicking 10ga on the markets that isn't a single shot. The SP-10 is a good gun but they are so dang heavy. I have not shot the Browning Gold 10 mention above thou. I need to find someone that has one to shoot it and compare to my o/u.

So far the lightest recoild 10ga I have had is my American Arms O/U 10ga turkey model. I got some modified tubes for it and it is a killer on geese.

Sorno -

Where did you get your 10 O/U? I haven't seen them.

thanks - erik

I have had an Sp-10 for 15 years. I would never shoot anything else period!!!!

That's good to hear. The deal I found is almost too good to pass up - I guess we'll see if Santa brings a big bag a cash so I can make it work!! wink

Originally Posted By: TDomaille
I have had an Sp-10 for 15 years. I would never shoot anything else period!!!!

That's good to hear. The deal I found is almost too good to pass up - I guess we'll see if Santa brings a big bag a cash so I can make it work!! wink

When did you get rich? wink

Never hunted with a 10ga. Always been a 3.5" 12 shooter. Is there really a significant diff in knockdown power??? I hate hearing pellets hitting but not knocking down birds when the shot is far but not a "BUST". Not excited about paying $4.50 a shot fer da good loads.

I shoot both.

The 10 doesn't have more "knock down" power so to speak. IMO it's got something to do with the way it patterns. I've killed a lot of geese with a 3" 12g loaded with 3's and 4's, and a few with 3.5" inchers too, but there's something about the 10.

Has to be something with the shot string or pattern. If I'm strictly Goose hunting, I'll bring the 10.

There's an age old argument that the 3.5" 12's are every bit as good as a 10, but I've owned a few 3.5" 12's, and it's been my experience that they don't come close in goose smacking ability compared to the 10. I've never used any of the aftermarket chokes in the 12's, maybe that makes a difference?

I have heard that a 10 with an imp cyl choke is a goose killer bigtime. Have not had the chance to find out though.

I do know that a 3" 12 ga. will kill them dead when/if I can hit them smile but have heard the pellets bounce off as well.

have an ithica mag 10 "roadblocker" and the newer (1st run whenever that was)rem SP-10

sp has probly 20 -30 cases thru it almost flawlessly. The harder hitting aspect of the 10 ga is that with a slightly larger bore it has a shorter shot string. more pellets on the target at once. that gives it slightly greater "hitting" (shock) power.

keep in mind a pellet is stupid....a BBB at 1550fps goes as far and hits with the same velocity no mater what you gauge you send it with. the difference is a 3.5 12 may hit with 10 pellets where a 10 might hit with 13. not talking patterns but shot strings. i have heard the 3.5 with bb's has a 34 inch shot string at 40 yds where a 10 will pack 'em in at 23"...can't find that data...

brought up the ithica as its the model for the sp...except remington never achieved the fit and finish that ithica had

i love my 10's...geese hate 'em!!