• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mountain Dew Venny Jerky Whats yours

I have a hard time following a recipe or remembering one. I just throw some meat in a bowl dump some stuff in stir it a few times and put it in the dehyrator yesteray I slice some beef added salt garlic season salt an vinegar covere it with water for awhile then dried it it was way too salty. Then I decided to do some venny so I sliced a roast put it in a bowl put a bunch of pepper in threw a few dashes of salt on it then covered it with a couple cans of mountain dew. Next I dried it for a few hours. Tasted great. Anyways what goofy things have you done and had come out good??? (JERKY I MEAN)

I rarely follow recipes. I usually throw in what strikes me as tasty looking/sounding at the time.

For marinade I like to use Italian dressing, teryaki, dales, A1 to name a few as the "base" and add to it things like more garlic, liquid smoke, cajun seasoning, beer or hot sauce.