• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trailer help needed

Hey guys,

Looking for a small, used flatbed trailer to haul my gear this year. The truck died and is gone so... What I have to spend dictates if I buy a new shelter as well but that also depends on selling the fly tying and rod building supplies, OR may force the sale of the extra sonar. Hate to part with my original Marcum though! Tim, can I get a quickl turn around on the LX3 upgrade? Forgot all about it after getting the LX5! Don't know if I'll lend it out or sell it but either way... Thanks in advance guys. Tim has my contact numbers and email. See you all next weekend. BTW, hoe to get to Albany and Susser's too before Friday. Will update.

Still driving my Saturn. Things didn't got as planned so... "Sometimes you eat the bear and sometimes the bear eats you..." I may just buy a new Clam Scout if it will fit in my trunk. My old Trap Pro won't and I had to wedge it in and tie it down. Very cold! lol Next year.... Thanks for the info!

Ray

Check out Harbor Freight . .with a little time and muscle you can put together one of those trailer kits for around $300. I did and haul my snowmobile on one . . .they might even be onsale now. Just checked and they have an 860 lb capacity with 8 inch wheels for 199.

Well,

Measured out the trunk and my only problem, once again, is that it narrows due to the wheels. Not sure if the newer units will fit. It's kind of an "angle it in and drop it down" deal. The good news is, I emptied the change bottle and there was about $300 in it!! Now, just have to try one to see if it will fit. Didn't make it to the show yet. Didn't feel like walking it alone today and nobosy was free. Maybe tomorrow. Time to check on my Fl. fishing plans too. Have a friend who guides pt. and he's been after me to go visit. Big bass, sea trout and redfish. Wonder if he knows any peacock bass spots too? lol

The Recon will fit, thought about that one, just a little small though. Can deal with it if need be. Thunderman, what are you using? It should fit as as well. Thanks guys! My son works pt at Herb's so there may be a discount or I can order it wholesale from Jerry's and hope the shipping doesn't offest the savings.

Ok, so the scout, recon & frabill commando, will fit and are decent units. The question is...will a trap pro fit, which of the others is the better option and will the shipping offest my savings? UGH! I hate my old truck for quitting at the worst time possible! Well, time to give this some serious thought and take a gamble. Anyone know who's want an OLD but good, fist trap pro? Were talking say early 90's. Really good shape with cover and aquavu mount... Heck, I don't even know what it's worth! Maybe I'll list it on the forum.

F4Walleyes - Are you the guy I met at the show with your son who fishes "my" spot on the river? grin And we met years ago at the derby?

PM's dont work because that feature was put in but never activated.

I have your e-mail now, Fullmoon may be getting rid of a shelter and I know of a few others that might be available...

Yeah DC that's me,The son's planning on stopping over if possible within the next week or so to touch bases and maybe get out,but his wifes expecting in mid Jan. so he's gonna have to stay close to home,I'd expect he'll be heading up to no/little-cell phone coverage pond(that trip's ending soon) or the river spot tonight but probably not til 9-10pm,thanks for the info and connections

Anyone know who's want an OLD but good, fist trap pro? Were talking say early 90's. Really good shape with cover and aquavu mount... Heck, I don't even know what it's worth! Maybe I'll list it on the forum.

Fullmoon. I'm interested in that older Pro. I have one that pretty beat up and need a replacement. I like the old ones.

How much do you want ?

Thanks

The Dr.