Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
pikedreams

Bird ID help please.

A couple weeks ago I was sitting and watching a football game. Three feet outside the window I have a bird feeder which is pretty active all day. Out of the corner of my eye I see this flash and I run to the window. What I see is this guy with a sparrow pinned to the ground and he,'s picking feathers off of it like crazy! Then he grabs it and flys off. He plucked the thing right off the feeder! About 20 minutes later he came back and I was ready with the camera. Not a great shot, just a point and shoot. I'm not a bird guy so I'm hoping some of you can tell what it is. He was relitivly small about 12 to 14 inches tall.

Hawk2.jpg

The resident hawk experts are probably still out at the bog snapping photos but looks like a sharp shinned hawk to this cowboy.

Nice of him to pose for you. I have had one hanging around the yard off and on all day today. He seems to be thinning the flock. The odd thing was, when I went out to get a photo, the chickadees were chattering up a storm farther back, but the cardinals came right in below him chipping in their usual call. They did not seem concerned at all. Too big do you suppose? Now I'm trying to figure out why I didn't grab pictures of the cardinals. They were sitting right in front of me! I was too busy focusing on the hawk.