• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

iFINDER H20c Lowrance use tips

smeese

Since H2O's tend to eat batteries, I recommend this handy cost saving tip.

Install a Marine grade 12 V receptacle on your Vexilar, wire it to the Vexilar 9 amp battery to run your H2O on 12V instead of the batteries internally.

FYI: A XOG & mount will fit under the Vexilar flasher unit in place of the tackle box too, and also can be ran from this receptacle if that is the GPS you choose to use.

On a Pro Pack case I found it best to mount the 12 V marine receptacle top right front flush to the case facing to the right so it lines up with the zipper opening on the soft packs.

Now...simply un-zip the right side and plug it in. I run my Garmin GPS Rhino 530 HCX off it, and recharge it in the field this way. A handy cheap $7 Tweak for sure.

This add on also comes in very handy for cameras, cell phone chargers, whatever 12V Do-Hinckey you likely use in the field and needs a charge, or direct power.

Since a Vexilar 12V flasher is voltage stingy you are not likely to run it and the accessory out of juice in a 12 hour outing. Just recharge every outing as you should anyway.

burned through my first pair of batteries already...i think i accidently only turned the backlight off and left the actual gps on last night lol.

anyway, thanks for the tip ed...i'm definatly gonna do exactly what you said with the receptacle....i have a spare vex battery so i can play around on my gps on that extra battery at home and when i take it fishing or on vacation i can bring both batteries and run off those eliminating all battery costs for such a cheap add on....its a no brainer for me....i think i just spent more on 4 energizer batteries then what the receptacle costs lol...i'm not gonna keep doin that over n over again.

great tip imo

p.s...i picked up a lowrance case to protect my investment, $30 but a real nice case imo...i then put the whole set up in the crown sack along with my cord.

Not only is the Lowrance great for putting me back on my spots, but it is very helpful in getting me back out to my shack after a night at the bar. I actually added a enclosed pocket to my bibs to make sure I don't lose the thing. I actually dropped it in a bar up on Mille Lacs last year, and a very kind soul immediately returned it to me. He could have made off with one of my most prized fishing possessions but tapped me on my shoulder and handed it to me. If you are like me and like to head in for a little while, make sure to keep it secure. I almost learned it the hard way.