• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Handicapped hunting blind

All kinds of handicape hunting blinds. Carlos Avery, Lac Qui Parle, The Refuge in Sherburne County, Sand Prairie Wildlife Management Area, Minnesota Valley Wildlife Refuge. What are you looking for? Deer, Geese, ducks, turkey? If your disabled join Capable Partners, Midwest Outdoors without Limits, UFFDA or some of the other organizations around the state that help handicap hunters get inot the field. I have been a member of these organizations since 1991 when I was injusred and I can attest that they provide great opportunities to disabled sportspersons.

Talcot has handicap accessable blinds on the east and west side. The east side blind is decent for geese some days, and the west side blind can be good also. Many days iv hunted the west side blinds too watch all the geese go right over the parking lot, over the handicapper, and no one is in it! The North east side also has a blind thats not technically a "handicap" blind but its very close to the parking lot, and that blind can be good some days also. (only about a 60 yard walk)If you or you friend that is handicapped is wheelchair bound, there is also a "wheelchair" only blind in the waterfowl refuge at talcot on the south end. This blind would be AMAZING hunting, as most of the geese in the lake fly out the south end. They cant get shot going out the south end, the geese have learned this, and this blind is right in the flight path! I have never seen someone hunt this blind, but it would be well worth it. Limits would be easy and you could shoot some mallards as well here! Good luck on the blind at the big slough, and keep up the good work. I knew an old guy that had parkensins for years at Talcot and it was a hoot to bull**** with him and watch him drop geese out of those handicap blinds. I would always offer to carry his birds back but he wouldent allow it! smile He said the only time he dident shake was when a flock of geese approached and he pulled the trigger! That guy couldent move too well but he sure got running once he dropped a goose. smile That always made my day. Good luck man.

I looked at the one on swan the other day and there is no water within 100 yards of it...all cattails and the grass and trees are overtaking the ramp to get out to it...the ramp is also missing several boards, pretty poor effort on the DNR's part for that blind...